Forum Updates

Joe

• Administrator

Hi all,

You may have noticed there have been a few visual changes to the forum recently. I will summarise these here:

New website header

The most noticeable change is that we now have a more visually appealing website header, including a photo of the top of Lordship Lane. Hopefully make the forum look a bit less plain and 'corporate'. The image should display nicely on both mobile and desktops (let me know if not!).

Font change

A minor change, but the website font has changed to 'Rubik'. I chose this one because its easy to read - slightly softer than the one used before.

Social Media

There is now an official EDF Twitter account:

If you use Twitter, feel free to follow!

Mobile site improvements

I've been trying to make the mobile version of the site more useable and useful. One of the pieces of feedback I've seen elsewhere was that it was not possible to see when someone has replied. This has now been added. There is also a more obvious 'Last Post' button which will take you directly to the last post in the thread (you can also click the green round icon on the left)

mobile-site.thumb.PNG.c698be5395923bd9aef10c7aea1fd38d.PNG

Forum Attachments

The attachment size has been increased to 8 megabytes. This will hopefully allow you to directly upload images from your camera if you're using a mobile. No more having to compress/resize your image first like on the old website!

As always, feedback welcome - positive or negative.

Great stuff, Joe. Two things:

1. On my ipad unable to see the last post message

2. Unable to connect with the Twitter account, I get the message “something went wrong.” Also wondering why it’s @TheDulwich and not @TheEastDulwich or is this the first step in formally integrating the different parts of Dulwich? Would prefer that East Dulwich Forum maintains a separate identity

• Administrator

2. Unable to connect with the Twitter account, I get the message “something went wrong.” Also wondering why it’s @TheDulwich and not @TheEastDulwich or is this the first step in formally integrating the different parts of Dulwich? Would prefer that East Dulwich Forum maintains a separate identity

Oops - I changed the username of the Twitter account and didn't update my post! The username is now https://twitter.com/dulwich_forum. I've corrected my original post.

The reason I didn't go for something like EastDulwichForum is because it exceeds the maximum twitter username length. There were a few other viable usernames (e.g. EDForum) which were taken. No plans to rebrand from East Dulwich Forum!

1. On my ipad unable to see the last post message

The forum design is what's known as a 'responsive' layout, which means the layout adapts to how large your screen size is.

If you are viewing on a small device like a iPhone, the layout will look like the one I added in the screenshot in my first post. This is the layout I've recently been making changes to.

On a larger screen device like an iPad or laptop, the layout is different. It is a bit more spread out. The 'Last Post' time is in a different place - the screenshot below shows where you'd hopefully see it on iPad (let me know if you don't see it though!)

edf-ipad.thumb.PNG.169bbebba53c1f6a2c7b90d3762327ae.PNG

Thanks Joe. Now able to access the Twitter account and glad to learn there won’t be a rebranding. Regarding the last post issue, have discovered I can see it if I orientate ipad to portrait but not if I use it landscape. With the latter I get the ad column to the right which I don’t with portrait.