Southwark Cyclists Healthy Riders picnic Sat Aug 13th

PICNIC 2022

The Healthy Rides annual picnic will be in Greenwich Park on Saturday 13th August. As in 2018 and 2019, this is being organised in collaboration with Harry Clark's Bexley group, now the Let's Go group. This year we have invited riders from other groups including Lewisham Cyclists and Greenwich Cyclists. We would welcome any cyclists who are interested in social rides - you do not have to be a regular Healthy Rider. And family members, children etc are not just allowed but encouraged.

Arrangements. Get to the Bandstand in Greenwich Park for around 12 noon. Note the Bandstand is fairly central, on the right along the wide path running east from the Pavilion Cafe, Lat-Long 51°28'35.2 N 0°00'11.1 E. Bring food and drink. There will be some organised (sort of) activities - the slow race is always a crowd pleaser. Harry has also arranged for the Met Police Bike Marking team to be there, so an opportunity to make your bike more secure.

Getting there. Make your own way. Or join the led ride. Meet at 10.30 at the Dulwich Clock Cafe in Dulwich Park, or 10.50 in Peckham Square (Peckham Library, Peckham Pulse Leisure Centre) or 11.20 in Deal Porter Square (Canada Water Library). No registration. Just turn up.

Note there will be no Healthy Ride on the 13th.

Healthy Rides Picnic tomorrow, Aug 13th. Greenwich Park, by the bandstand, 12 noon. This is open to any cyclists who are interested in social rides. And family members are welcome.

It is going to be HOT, maybe 35 degrees. There will be plenty of shade in Greenwich Park. Nevertheless please bring lots to drink and dress appropriately.

Led ride available starting Dulwich Park Café at 10.30 and calling at Peckham Square at 10.50 and Deal Porter Square (Canada Water) at 11.20. For anyone needing a led ride back, this will be available and is likely to leave Greenwich Park around 2pm.

See you tomorrow!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• That's a good idea smiley blue , if you or anyone else comes across petitions to end these despicable acts of cruelty to defenceless animals please put on here or start a new thread if you please so we can sign the petition and add our objections to this , I would also like to thank all of you the people for reading these messages and adding your voices to this cruelty,  maybe we can end it 
    • Malumbu, by that measure are police efforts to cut down on anti-social driving by issuing tickets and fines a token effort as well? Surely punitive measures for cyclists breaking the rules will encourage them not to break the rules again? A bit like when you got stopped and taken into the cab of an HGV. The police are currently using that tactic to show those who break the rules cycling that it might lead them to being hit by a lorry due to the driver's having limited vision - the cycling equivalent of a speed awareness course for drivers.    When they stopped you was it because you had broken a rule or was it just more of an education programme and they asked you to take a look and did it change your cycling behaviour in any way? As I said previously there are those who break the rules on cycling out of ignorance (and those out of arrogance) and I am sure they are using HGVs to educate those in the ignorance category and then hitting those in the arrogance category with the PCNs.    
    • Good that PETA is on it but can we add our voices to the fight against this horrible practice? I’m still shocked! A petition maybe? Happy to raise to the RSPCA but don’t want to duplicate efforts. I’ve signed campaigns from RSPCA before which sends it directly to your councillor
    • Yes, I'm aware of that. I believe the brood was five to begin with. However they are almost adult size now so not the prey of rats any longer. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In