Young lads cleaning cars - great job!

We had two young lads (probably 13/14) knock on the door yesterday to ask if we wanted the car cleaned. My knee jerk reaction to anyone asking for stuff at the door is 'No', but having a teen myself and knowing how difficult it is to earn pocket money I said yes.

They were super polite, very thorough and did a great job (they brought all their own cleaning stuff, I just supplied the hose and water), £10 they were charging - I gave them £15 as they did such a great job and its important to encourage kids who are prepared to get off their backsides to earn a few quid.

If they knock your door (I'm on Dovedale road), do give them a chance - and if either of their parents are on here, if the lads want a regular car washing gig, pop round in a couple of weeks.

All the best

Fair play . I did this when I was around that age many years ago . Bloody hard work . Most kids are still good kids . I was in Macdonald's walworth road the other week . Load of school kids hanging around in the queue .. many with that ridiculous arrangement with their trousers hanging half way down their legs . This old lady walked in .. they literally cleared a way for her and let her through to get served first . It was really nice to see.