Electric foldable bike

speakwithmaria

I've come to the idea that sooner or later this is my thing. I need and I like to have a bike, but I cannot get exhausted going up and down hills at all times, I also like going around by train + bike. The electric + foldable is an expensive combo though. Has anybody done this choice? is it worth it?

I'm not into electric bikes but they have there fans I'm sure . The added complication is you want it foldable . My advice is you make a choice what is more important . Electric or portability . Lugging an electric bike with the battery isn't going to be fun either ! . Honestly the joy of biking is the more you use it the more enjoyable it gets . Why don't you think of just hiring a brompton for a week . (I think places exist) . It really is the best way to get around you can get most places locally in southwark and south bank ere etc in 20 mins max and it's not actually that hilly !

Thank you very much peckman, very useful info.

As far as the joy of cycling is concerned of course the bike matters but I believe it belongs to the cyclist and not to the bike so it is quite irrespective of the technology :D

Edited by speakwithmaria

Have a look at Pure Electric:

https://www.pureelectric.com/

They have quite a few stores but they're consolidating and moving to mostly online and focussing on the e-scooter market so they're selling off a lot of their e-bikes at the moment; there's some decent deals if you're not too fussy about what you want.

https://www.pureelectric.com/collections/folding-electric-bikes