Does anywhere have lateral flow tests?

I also have been trying to get my hands on some since last week and resorted to my sister in the midlands posting me a box! I also emailed Helen Hays to raise the issue of what seems to be a shortage in the local area. Looks like it is now possible to order on the government website now though, thanks AylwardS. This service was currently showing as unavailable for the last week or so.

I'm still getting a "Sorry, there are no home delivery slots left for rapid lateral flow tests right now" message - have done all week.

What an absolute shambles.

Going to have to do a lateral flow in the in-laws' garden (two hours away), and then head straight home if it comes up positive.

The link is working for me at the minute, though the post might be an issue now. https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests

If you are not working from home it could be worth asking at work - my husband had to go into the office yesterday and they had boxes of tests for workers to test before they go into the office. It?s not mandatory so they had some available.

A few weeks ago they were practically throwing them at you at Dulwich Library. Shows just how little people were aware, let alone doing the testing, even as winter approached. Omicron is less than two weeks old (in terms of our knowing about it) so all those people now scrambling for supplies shows, I think, how little attention they were paying to a really effective way of self-monitoring and helping to keep infections down, and that is a pity.

Thanks for the suggestion AylwardS - still getting a "Sorry, there is a problem with your order" from the NHS website, but maybe that's just my browser?

Anyway, a kind near neighbour on here DM'd me and offered me a box, so now have some in good time for tomorrow! Mega grateful!

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A few weeks ago they were practically throwing

> them at you at Dulwich Library.

Yep absolutely - we had just got used to going to Dulwich Library and they were always just there, was mega reliable. And Sadler's on the rare occasion the library ran out.

> Omicron is less than two weeks old (in terms of our knowing

> about it) so all those people now scrambling for

> supplies shows, I think, how little attention they

> were paying to a really effective way of

> self-monitoring and helping to keep infections

> down, and that is a pity.

I'm not sure about this - we've been testing throughout the last few months, but like a lot of families we've upped the frequency of testing in recent weeks because of a) Omicron, and b) seeing family.

Just from general chat on WhatsApp / at the schoolgate, I'd say people were already pretty good at testing, but the supply hasn't kept up with the (perfectly rational) increase in frequency.

Went looking for LFTs yesterday and thought I'd try the Bournemouth Road place. Found Bournemouth Road but not the location, am I stupid or is it poorly signed.

Separately pleased school gate now has something to occupy the discussion beyond secondary schools. My that was tiresome....

Jellybeanz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You should be able to pick up from a pharmacy if

> you get a collection code in advance

A collection code doesn't guarantee that the pharmacy in question will actually have any tests in stock, unfortunately.