Older people in a community singing group need top hats/feather boas!

Milan05

Hallo, if you have any basic cushions to donate to an older people's centre where my partner works I could collect at your convenience. It is to provide them with comfortable seating as some of the chairs are hard upright plastic ones.

Following on from being donated 12 new cushions, I would like to request if anyone has any props or costumes such as hats, feather boas or similar to brighten up their class! Thank you.

Milano ,this has been on my mind as I know how uncomfortable hard seats are for a lot of elderly people ,and not so elderly like me .

I don't have any suitable cushions but I noticed that the pound shop in Rye Lane ( the one on the left of the entrance to the Aylsham centre ) have those seat cushions that you tie on to kitchen chairs .For a ?1 each .obviously .

Thank you.. yes it does give them ongoing support/comfort issues but slowly I am hopeful of getting a sufficient amount to have one each for the singers. Thank you for the tip. I will try and pop down. I have bought a few gradually as the centre are quite strict on fire retardant labelling and new items for infection control when such frail bods are involved. The oldest is 99. It's a dilemma as there are some softer wing-type arm chairs but they often choose the upright plastic ones as they can more independently get up from them and dignity and self-support is very important to them.. the 90 plus tend to sink right into them and can't then lever themselves up! Thank you for this and your thoughts.

Hi Milan - I have a pressure relieving cushion that would fit a lounge /wing type chair that I'd love to get rid of ! (it was my mum's and I'm not good at throwing stuff out ) .

http://www.ultimatehealthcare.co.uk/products/cushions/item/193-carefree-cushion

It's not pretty but if the seat cushion of the wing chair comes off you could put it under that ,or I do have a fleece cover you could have .

• 6 months later...

Dear all, The singing group now has 12 new cushions, thank you all.

Does anyone have any feather boas, top hats, musical theatre costume or props suitable for this group to use next term?

They are going to be singing Irving Berlin and Gershwin numbers, with some Oscar Hammerstein too. So would be great if you have anything along these lines.

Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived