Italian teacher

john castello

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Mr. Castello,

I am a native Italian teacher living just outside Dulwich Village. I am fully qualified and I have many years of experience teaching at all levels and preparing students for GCSE and A-level exams.I work both in schools and as a private tutor. Please get in touch if you need more detailed information.

Kind regards.

Nicolina

[email protected]

• 11 months later...

I contacted Nicoletta last year, she is very good and very precise. I will be moving to Italy later this month and I feel very confident that I will be able to enjoy my new life there, thanks to her excellent tuition.

She was even able to help me with my English, I highly recommend her, you can contact her on

[email protected]

Grazie mille Nicoletta

• 2 months later...
I can also highly recommend Nicoletta. She tutored my 18 yr old daughter for her italian A'Level and was really excellent. She really delivered. She is very friendly and we hugely appreciated her unpatronising approach - such a plus when tutoring a teenager. She spoke to my daughter on an equal level and taught her with charm and humour. We would have no hesitation in using Nicoletta again. Fabulous!

• 2 months later...
Readers may be interested to know that Nicoletta runs adult education courses for CALAT (Croydon Adult Learning and Training). Nicoletta is a truly outstanding teacher: dedicated, caring, knowledgeable and interesting. Most of all, she really gets to know her students (and remembers their mistakes!) and it is pleasure to be taught by her. There are vacancies in the Lower Advanced class at the Town Hall, which, under Nicoletta?s influence, has become a sociable and mutually-supportive group. I have no experience of being taught one-on-one by her, but I would have no doubts that she would be absolutely excellent in that role too.

I highly recommend Nicoletta. She taught Italian to both my children. The oldest one got A* in Italian GCSE and a high A at AS. Nicoletta is very driven, very well organised, polite, punctual and always gives feedback to the parents after the lesson. She tailors her teaching to the abilities and personality of the student. She is an excellent teacher!

I highly recommend you Nicoletta, we just received a letter from the school advicing us that our son get an A* for his Italian GCSE. I thank Nicoletta for this wonderful result, her knowledge of the exam procedures together with her understanding of my son strengths and weaknesses made the result achievable with steady progress and no stress! She is kind, precise, engaging but also firm when needed. My children and I are very fond of her and I thank her for her hard work and effort that helped my son in achieving the best result possible together with the confidence he showed this summer in speaking Italian fluently and correctly. Excellent teaching, lovely person!

• 7 months later...
I highly recommend Nicoletta to learn Italian. I am Italian too and I could guarantee that Nicoletta is a very well-trained teacher who has done her studies in the best Italian grammar schools, the best for a linguistic preparation. My daughter has learned a lot from Nicoletta for her A level preparation.

• 4 months later...
Signora Nicoletta Sambo was my Italian private tutor for 3 years. She is a wonderful teacher, patient, articulate, very kind and polite. She went on my pace and my needs. I got an A* in my Italian GCSE and a high A at my Italian AS. Then during year 13, I worked with signora Nicoletta only on my oral questions and I got 100%! I strongly recommend signora Nicoletta!

• 11 months later...
I would highly recommend Italian lessons with Nicoletta to anyone! I had her as my private tutor with lessons over Skype for 8 months, at a time of desperate need ahead of my A-Level, since the Italian Ministry of Education had cancelled all lessons. She is a very professional, polite and lovely teacher and helped me to get an A grade in my exam this year. I am very thankful to Nicoletta!

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot thank Nicolina enough for helping our daughter achieve a 9 in her Italian GCSE exam.

Nicolina?s passion for teaching and her in-depth knowledge of the topics were key to the success achieved.

During every lesson, Nicolina provided detailed feedback which helped to identify strengths and weaknesses. Her encouragement all along helped with confidence building as well.

Nicolina is definitely an expert tutor in Italian and we are very grateful that she has made such an important contribution to our daughter?s academic success.

• 10 months later...

Hi to you all, I don't usually leave feedback on forums but I have decided to do so for Nicolina, also known as Nicoletta. I have been taking Italian lessons with her, but due to the current situation I have had to temporarily stop. Nicoletta is a fantastic teacher, what I found very helpful was her excellent knowledge of English grammar, which enables her to explain the Italian grammar to a very high level. I found her through my neighbour, Nicolina is also teaching their 6 year old daughter.

Her email is [email protected]

• 2 months later...
Nicolina has taught me Italian at GCSE level for the exam. Even though we only had six months of preparation before the exam, Nicolina managed to go through most of the GCSE textbook and really get my head around all the language and grammar. Nicolina is funny, friendly and great at explaining anything, and often gives details on how language has evolved to go in-depth. We spoke only in italian for our lessons, which was a great way to practice for the Speaking exam, so when I got a grade 9, I was very pleased. Thank you, Nicolina!!

• 8 months later...
My son Lorenzo has been attending online lessons with Nicolina to prepare his Gcse in Italian language and he really enjoyed studying with Nicolina. Nicolina demonstrated to be very professional and able to teach even by remote that is not always easy. Lorenzo managed to improve greatly his Italian both written and spoken and I am pretty sure he will get an high score at his exams. I have no doubt in recommending Nicolina as an Italian teacher to anyone.

• 2 months later...
Another strong recommendation for Nicolina. She has been teaching both my daughters Italian for the past few years and is a fantastic teacher. My eldest daughter went from complete beginner to a grade 8 in GCSE, and my youngest is making great progress too. Nicolina makes her lessons fun and engaging, and is able to explain both grammar and vocabulary effectively.

• 11 months later...

Another vote for Nicolina, I have been taught by her over zoom during the pandemic and can’t thank her enough. She was very patient as I was a beginner and never made me feel uncomfortable. She always encouraged me to learn and I gained lots of confidence from her lessons. Her lessons were fun and I always looked forward to them. I would highly recommend nicolina if you’re a beginner like me or any level up to advanced. She’s a very intelligent women. Thanks again.

Alex

Hi

I ,together with 3 friends , started learning Italian with Nicolina over lock down and have continued. She is lovely and her lessons are fun and interesting. They are on Zoom so she can share videos with us and if we send in work she can correct it with us on line. You will learn a lot about Italy as well as the language - I would thoroughly recommend her.

Pam

Nicolina has been an amazing tutor and has helped me to complete my Italian a-level through zoom and I am very grateful for all the time and effort she has put into helping me. She also assisted me in my Italian GCSE and I decided to stay with her throughout a-level because she is so helpful.

Nicolina is a fantastic Italian teacher and such a lovely person. She challenges your without you even realising most of the time. It is such a joy to learn with her and she uses a such a wide variety of resources to fully immerse you in the Italian culture.

Nicolina has been our tutor at BAEC for the past 3 years and has been excellent. She engaged with the class and keeps our lessons fun and encourages collaboration between the pupils. She’s very thorough with each subject that we learn and breaks down challenging topics to make them easier to understand. Overall she’s a great teacher and one I look forward to working with in the future.

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I am an Italian living near Dulwich and wanted my two daughters to have a solid grammatical foundation in my native language. Nicoletta taught both of my daughters and they both got a 9 in their GCSE exam, with the eldest now starting Uni in Italy. She’s a very prepared and serious teacher and, reportedly, very good fun to work with. I warmly recommend her.

Adf

• 2 months later...
I highly recommend Nicolina Sambo-Bozza as Italian tutor. She is a lovely lady and she engaged with my daughter very well in A-level Italian through zoom. Nicolina is very passionate about Italian language and culture and her enthusiasm in teaching is very stimulating for the pupil.

• 4 months later...

I have greatly enjoyed my 1:1 online lessons with Nicoletta. She is friendly and fun to converse with in Italian. She is very organised , professional, and accommodating when I have needed to change lesson dates. Her explanations are clear and precise- very helpful to a mature student who is struggling with the complexities of the Italian grammar. I would definitely recommend her. Heloise.

Archived