Boris Johnson moving to Dulwich Village? What have we done to deserve this? ;-)

MrsR

There was talk when Maggie moved into Dulwich Village, that the house was a gift from, I think, Bovis (or some other national building company) as a PR stunt. The building company was being slated for poor quality new housing and Maggie having one of their houses, other people would take note and purchase. Heard this tale from various people including friends who had strong links to various MPs at the time.

I believe it was a gift from "Barrett Housing" or "Barrett Developments" I remember driving past as it was being built "Secure gated development"

So East Dulwich, its immediate neighbour, doesn't exist

Where is Dulwich Village?

Six miles south-east of central London, Dulwich Village is a leafy, affluent suburb in the borough of Southwark.

Straddling Herne Hill to the north and Crystal Palace to the south, Forest Hill lies to the east and West Norwood and Tulse Hill to the west.

Isn't this just estate agents talking? Like when they said Tom Cruise was buying a house in Dulwich village?

I believe he did indeed rent a house there when he was over here filming.

A colleague of mine has family who live in the village and this is what he told me

He and his police security will get so fed up of receiving LTN tickets or not being able to drive straight into the village without hitting "displaced" traffic that he will have a word in the shell like of the transport secretary and Bob's your bleeding auntie the LTN scheme may be reviewed

There will be police on street corners so crime may disperse.

Ugh, another public school twat in red trousers - just what South London needs...

We've had 2 years of conspiracy theorist moaning that LTNs are the creation of a Masonic-cyclist-Marxist civil servant cabal. Now apparently they're I the gift of the Tory grift machine.

Perhaps crime will fall outside the house if police are stationed there. The question is whether that will cancel out the criminal activity inside the house...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...