Freshly baked bread and pastries, delivered while you sleep 💤

In Lockdown I got on my bicycle and started delivering sourdough loaves and pastries to my neighbours in South East London.

My thinking was simple. Everyone loves great bread and pastries but they're often hard to find and inconvenient to purchase. As a result, too many miss out on the simple joy these products bring and the quality time that families share over them.

Wouldn't it be better if you could just start your weekend with freshly baked sourdough and pastries waiting for you on your doorstep?

That's why I set up Butter & Crust - to deliver outstanding freshly baked goods directly to your doorstep each Saturday morning for you to wake up to - no stress, no faff. Like the milkman, but much higher quality and delivered 100% by bicycle.

👉 Trusted by 1,276 households in South East London
👉 Free delivery by bicycle
👉 Pause or cancel anytime
👉 On your doorstep before 9AM

image.thumb.jpeg.9ce273d707b1ae34d6e9683212731179.jpeg

Edited by olibren

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Your cargo bicycle on the pavement in Gilkes is a hazard and it hasn't moved for over a year!

The tyres are flat and the cargo basket is full of water. It makes it very awkward for pedestrians to get past.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Kathleen. I will get the cargo biked moved on Friday.

All the very best.

Ollie

Co-founder

• 2 weeks later...

It’s delicious . A lovely service . A wee bit of indulgence of a Saturday morning . Eating the bread and jam right now as I type . !!!!!!

Love to hear that you are enjoying Butter & Crust and I really appreciate you saying so on this thread! Thank you.

Ollie

Co-founder

Cargo bike is still on pavement on Gilkes Crescent, been there well over a year, doesn't move, tires are flat.

Can't understand why you don't need to use it, or is it just free advertising?

Sorry, Cathleen. I had asked a member of the team to move it on the Friday but I see that didn't happen.

I have just removed the bike myself now. Thanks for your patience with us.

All the very best.

Ollie

Co-founder

You almost had me fooled there Ollie.

I see you have just moved the old cargo bike with the flat tyre to the pavement outside Megan's instead! Unbelievable.

I will contact Southwark Council and get them to remove it instead.

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for the message. We moved the bike from the lamppost and took it inside our workplace after you raised the issue. We later briefly locked it up outside of Meghan’s ahead of it being collected and permanently rehomed. That’s all now happened so you won’t see it again.

As before, thanks for raising the issue and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

All the best.

Ollie

There was one of their bikes chained up on Woodwarde Road for months as well - are their cargo bikes breeding?

Hi Rockets,

There is only the one bike. It was locked up for a period on Woodwarde road where my co-founder lived at the time and the bike was being used every week. I am genuinely sorry if that inconvenienced you. As above, the cargo bike in question has now been rehomed.

All the very best.

Ollie

Edited by olibren

L

Can you bing vegan cheese? If so

Hi Jules and Boo,

Thanks for the question. I'm afraid we don't offer cheese/vegan cheese at the moment. Our focus for now is on the products that you would typically find in a bakery.

All the very best.

Ollie

• olibren changed the title to Freshly baked bread and pastries, delivered while you sleep 💤
  • Administrator unpinned this topic