Decorator / Bathrooms / Refurb - Gary Skinner - 07572 588222

firstchoicegary

Just posting my second review for Gary and his lovely team - we have just had them back to decorate two bedrooms for us and as always they have done a super job. Hopefully they will be back soon for the next project!

• 2 weeks later...
Gary (07572 588222) and team have just done work on my house in SE15, including painting and maintenance of doors, electrics, and plumbing. I'm out of the UK at the moment and can't travel back because of COVID restrictions, and he did a fantastic job communicating with me, sending regular updates, photos and videos. Worked quickly to a deadline as I had someone moving in. Very pleased with how it went.

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning. I know just how difficult it has been this year for us all so we were very glad to find Gary Skinner and his crew from First Choice Decorating to do quite a lot of work in our old house! They did a superb job of it and the quality and the craftsmanship was first rate. They were a pleasure to have in the house!

If you need him, ring 07572 588222.

• 2 weeks later...
Another recommendation for Gary and team. They have just finished a full renovation of our kitchen and bathroom and have done n amazing job. We were out of London while the work was being done and he was great at communicating and sending regular updates and photos. He is very knowledgeable and has a great eye for detail. Highly recommend. (07572 588222)

• 4 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Gary & his team. I found his details on East Dulwich Forum along with many recommendations and we have been really pleased with all the work. We had lots of different bits of work needing doing on our victorian terrace and Gary has tackled them all for us - filling in some large cracks inside the house in the stairwell and lounge, repainting the stairwell and hallway, filling in smaller cracks in the bedrooms, roof repairs, new guttering, repointing the front of the house and painting the window frames and front door.

Delighted with all the work and we have had so many admiring comments from the neighbours about how amazing the house looks now - stands out a mile and looks great!

Gary's team are a pleasure to have around and all take real pride in their work. As others have said Gary is very knowledgeable and has great contacts for getting all these different bits and bobs sorted. Other builders who came to quote for the work would only have done one aspect so Gary has saved me loads of time getting all the different experts in to fix everything. Will definitely get him back again to do other work round the house and very happy to recommend him!

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Gary and his decorator Cliff who did an excellent job decorating the front of our house.

It turned out to be in a worse state than expected however there was no issue, the work was done thoroughly and to a high standard.

Gary is great at keeping you informed and Cliff was a really nice guy to have around.

The quote was reasonable and there were no hidden costs.

I have no hesitation in recommending Gary and his team - we hope to get him back for some internal work.

Gary and his team recently fully renovated our Victorian terrace bathroom to a very high standard. We were kept in the loop at all stages of the process, and whilst the room and space posed inevitable challenges (turns out the Victorians can't build flat floors or straight walls!) Gary was always able to come up with the goods. No corners were cut in the process, as Gary is clearly a perfectionist.

Pricing was fair, and no hidden costs.

Would use again.

Another recommendation for Gary and his team who recently decorated and tiled our kitchen, and re-plastered another wall in the house. All work done to a good standard, good attention to detail. Clear and fair pricing. Team was all very friendly and took good care around the house.

• 2 weeks later...
Gary has just completed various jobs for us including repairing a crumbling window sill, made good a facia, and dealt with some internal damp. Work was completed to a good standard and Gary?s pricing was competitive. Definitely recommended!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another recommendation. I had my 3 storey townhouse completely renovated by Gary and his team. Between themselves and a network of tradesmen they installed a new central heating system, rewired all electrics, reskimmed walls and ceilings, fitted new oak floors throughout, fitted a new kitchen, new bathroom and decorated throughout.

Throughout the whole process the communication was top notch, and most importantly Gary and his team are trustworthy people who want to get the job done right, and don't take the p*ss on hidden costs and the like.

Pictures speak a thousand words and when I was looking for reviews I wish more people posted them, so here's some of mine:

Before:

19KrVnBb.jpg

Full size

Kitchen & Living room:

lqrhpNjb.jpg

Full size

Bathroom & Bedrooms:

WMABAPmb.jpg

Full size

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Gary and his team refurbished our bathroom, put in a new patio and repaired water damage to a ceiling. They did some of the work over the Christmas/new year period to fit our being away which was very much appreciated. He takes real pride in the quality of his work and that of the contractors he uses, and it was all done to a high standard. As with previous review, Jason who works with Gary was a pleasure to deal with.

Gary and team just finished a sizeable job replastering and decorating four bedrooms in our new house which were in a total stat, including ripping out an old en suite. Super pleased with their work - rooms look fantastic as a result of the team?s experience and attention to detail. Gary, Cliff, Jason and Ashley were all great to work with and made sure to keep everything tidy whilst the work was going on which was great. Gary very responsive and involved and clear re cost and options as well. Would certainly recommend.

• 1 month later...

Gary and his team, Jason, Ashley and Tony have just finished a refurb of our ground floor, new kitchen, new flooring, new boiler and decorating throughout. Half way through we also asked if they could pick up some additional things, staircase and even a repair to our old guttering. Gary, his team and his network of contacts finished everything to a high standard, with a keen focus on detail and for fair prices. They communicate lots, very responsive, are clear and transparent and are a friendly group to have around the house. They worked around us with our working times and our young children and left everything clean and tidy. We are really happy with their work and would definitely recommend.

Gary: 07572588222

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We have just had Gary and his team lay new paving in front of our house and a new render. Gary was very quick to respond to my initial enquiry and to provide a quote. Gary was very honest about timeframes as he was really busy when I reached out to him, but he and his team completed the job when he said they would.

Gary's team have also noted some additional work we need completed and we will be using them again to carry this out.

• 4 weeks later...
Gary and team came back to help fix our front bay window after discovering some issues when working with us before. Mortar joints were raked out, new helibars added and all repointed with new air bricks. Good job and it now feels like the front is properly finished. Thanks Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Gary and his team have just finished another job for us - this time decorating our hallway from top to bottom.

From the outset Gary was clear about wanting to do a proper job of it, not just papering over the cracks (literally). It turned into a bigger job than expected but Gary was pretty clear about the addition costs.

The finish is excellent - safe to say his team are bordering on perfectionists, filling and re-filling more cracks and holes in our old house than I thought possible!

We?re as pleased with this inside decorating job as we were with the external job last year.

Happy to recommend Gary and his team.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Now just completed my 3rd project with the lovely Gary.

No matter the job, he has great ideas and solutions you wouldn?t have thought of to achieve the best results.

Gary is very professional and communicates well, his team are all great and very polite.

This last job was to essentially re-build my rotten bay window. Work quality is great and Gary is always at the end of the phone if you have any questions.

He isn?t always the cheapest, but you pay for what you get!!

Use Gary, you won?t be disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...

Contact Gary on: 07527588222

Gary was undertaking some external work on our neighbour's house and we needed similar work doing :- filling, repairing concrete guttering, repainting the cast iron pipes and repainting the front door and side return, filling and repairing our window sills. So whilst he and his lovely team continued to work on our neighbour's house - he arranged scaffolding and considering the high temperatures took about 2 weeks roncomplete our renovations to an extremely high standard.

Could not recommend Gary and team more highly.

• 4 weeks later...
Gary recently undertook internal redecoration of several rooms for us with a deadline to complete before our move in date. He was able to accommodate additional items we identified after the project started, including replacing door latches, door handles, sockets and switch fronts. We are very pleased with the quality of his team's work and are now planning a bathroom refurbishment with him.