Satellite TV dish - worth keeping?

malumbu

Helping a family member move to their new pad. There are cables everywhere and it looks like they have wired a number of rooms to a satellite dish.

I thought that most of us received digital services direct to our TVs and/or broadband.

I'm all for ripping this all out. Any one still use a satellite for TV? Cheers

I moved into a place a few years ago with no outdoor aerial and a sky dish. A £10 indoor aerial from Argos gives me all the channels (HD where available).

Relatives in rural Scotland have freesat - useful where the internet is shite. I an area like Dulwich with reasonable internet - agreee, why!?

I took the dish to the dump - questionable whether i would have got more than a fiver on eBay for it....

Many thanks. It's s in Reading but I am sure there is a decent digital signal there and broadband.

When we lived in Sydenham the analogue signal was so good I'd joke you could just put your finger in the air to get the telly.

It is not so great here even though you can see the Crystal Palace transmitter. We have an aerial in the loft and although it's not great plenty good enough to get all the free view channels and complemented by broadband/internet TV.

Satellites I recall being from pre internet/digital transmission when it was a choice between cable if you had it, or a satellite dish

At least that is my take