Welcome to the new East Dulwich Forum

Joe

I very grateful that you have enabled the EDF to continue (and grateful to Mark for all of his hard work over the years). I’ve used the forum since moving to ED in 2008 and it has been invaluable in so many ways. Especially in meeting a new community of people when I had my children. 10 years of Winter Babies connections this year!

As a local trades person I just want to thank you so much for keeping the forum up and running. It is an amazing resource for me and has helped me communicate with local clients for a number of years. I appreciate your hard work!

That option is only available on Desktop. I can't access it on my Iphone.

Also I don't see many posts on a thread on my phone either.

There are now 53 on this topic but I still only see 41 on my Iphone.

What has happened to the reply to post via PM option?

It's there, you have to click on the icon next to contact:

Capture23.PNG

That option is only available on Desktop. I can't access it on my Iphone.

Agree that the option isn’t there in portrait view on iPhone. It is there if you view in landscape, so twisting your phone will work as a temp workaround.

• Administrator

Improving the private message button when using a mobile device is is something on my TODO list. Hopefully I'll have a solution ready soon.

For the moment, the workarounds (as mentioned by Sidhue) are either:

- Turn your phone so the page is in landscape (sometimes the button will show on a wider screen)

- Click on the person's username on the left of the screen, which takes you to their profile. Then click "Send private message".

I'm still falling to the clicking on link not the last page syndrome

Did the old forum open the last page of a thread if you clicked on it and not the first? (memory is terrible in the heat)

This little icon take you to the last post in a thread

Capture21.PNG

That icon does take me to the last post but then it quickly jumps to the top of the last page?

Sorry everyone I’m probably being a wally but can anyone help?

If I’m reading a thread and I want to go back to list of threads how do I do it? Im always going back to the top menu,,, discussion/lounge/family room etc

If I’m in “General Issues” how do I go back to this list of “general issues” posts? Ideally to where I was in the list before I clicked on a thread?

TIA

Jess

Sorry everyone I’m probably being a wally but can anyone help?

If I’m reading a thread and I want to go back to list of threads how do I do it? Im always going back to the top menu,,, discussion/lounge/family room etc

If I’m in “General Issues” how do I go back to this list of “general issues” posts? Ideally to where I was in the list before I clicked on a thread?

TIA

Jess

Just pressing the back arrow works for me? Roughly top left?

Many thanks for all your hard work on this. I feel so very lucky to continue to have access to this fantastic local resource.

Just feedback, no criticism intended, when I click on a thread subject I cannot really read many of the earlier threads, they all seem to be drawn out into a series of unreadable long, thin vertical lines, with one word per line.

Is this an equipment issue or how it should be?

Sorry not threads, but earlier replies within a thread.

• Administrator

Many thanks for all your hard work on this. I feel so very lucky to continue to have access to this fantastic local resource.

Just feedback, no criticism intended, when I click on a thread subject I cannot really read many of the earlier threads, they all seem to be drawn out into a series of unreadable long, thin vertical lines, with one word per line.

Is this an equipment issue or how it should be?

Sorry not threads, but earlier replies within a thread.

I haven't seen this happen myself so I'd be keen to investigate.

Are you using your phone to view the website? Or desktop?

If mobile, which model of phone are you using?