Excellent Plumber & Gas Engineer - McHOW LTD.

Dave @ McHow

Another recommendation for Dave (and Josh). Found their details on the ED Forum when looking for someone to help with a boiler replacement. Our boiler was unexpectedly disconnected by an engineer from the boiler company investigating a fault who found that it was an unsafe installation. This left us without heating/hot water and we needed a replacement ASAP. Dave's communication was excellent from the outset and throughout. He came to assess the job quickly, provided some helpful advice and a reasonable quote. He also re-arranged the installation date at short notice when the boiler supplier let us down and failed to deliver our replacement on time. Josh carried out the installation work and we were impressed with his speed and diligence. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dave/Josh.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another recommendation for Dave and Josh.

I originally got McHow's details from this thread and asked about the feasability of a fairly extensive job that I wasn't sure was even do-able - basically re-doing the whole tank / immersion / pump system in my house. Dave came round quickly and assured me that it could be done.

Dave's communications are great. He and Josh actually turned up when they said they would. They did a highly professional and tidy job and we're very pleased with the result. Also as others have said, there were no "extras" - I assumed I'd end up paying his quote plus 10%-20%, but the final bill was exactly what he said it would be.

Finally I've recently asked him to stop by again for something that I suspected was down to the main water supply rather than his work. He was there within a couple of hours and confirmed that it was caused by a leak in the road. He wouldn't accept payment even though I asked to pay a normal call out charge.

Two thumbs up.

• 4 weeks later...
The real deal! Somebody who knows what he's doing and does what he says he'll do, including turn up as arranged. Not only a great fix for our old central heating system but also some good plumbing that was beyond my limited abilities. Excellent service and good value.

• 3 weeks later...
Dave at McHow LTd serviced our boiler and did an excellent job. He was courteous and pleasant throughout his stay. During these Covid times we checked that he would be wearing a mask for his visit and he was happy to work on his own whilst we stayed in another room. The invoice and gas safety certificate was emailed promptly and the work was very good value for the time he spent here. We will definitely use him again

• 1 month later...
We have now been using Dave and the team @McHow for about a year now, for multiple plumbing related jobs (system flush, new boiler, new thermostat etc), and in that time they have been (to name a few).. responsive, accomodating, professional, willing to negotiate, good at communicating.. and with work always done to a high standard and with the best advice given. Thanks Dave & team @McHow

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
and another recommendation! I needed a plumber urgently to help my dad who lives on his own and is 80. They were able to go to his flat within 2 hours of my call and totally saved the day for us. I could not have been more grateful. Apparently they were also so nice and helpful and overcame a tricky problem.

Yet another recommendation for McHow. David from McHow visited at short notice and identified the problem straight away with our boiler. Had to go away and order the part but was back to fit it as soon as it came in. Very reasonably priced, very friendly and would definitely use again.

Yet another recommendation for McHow. David from McHow visited at short notice and identified the problem straight away with our boiler. Had to go away and order the part but was back to fit it as soon as it came in. Very reasonably priced, very friendly and would definitely use again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Joe unpinned this topic
  • Joe pinned this topic