R.I.P Le Chandelier

Well maybe we should allow them to shag on buses as well. I mean, it's a basic human need right ?

And who knows what their circumstances are? They could have such busy lives and jobs that the only chance they get for a quick leg over is on the bus home.

earlydoors Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well maybe we should allow them to shag on buses

> as well. I mean, it's a basic human need right ?

> And who knows what their circumstances are? They

> could have such busy lives and jobs that the only

> chance they get for a quick leg over is on the bus

> home.

Please stop. You're extraordinarily tedious.

On my last holiday to Turkey.. Thomsons would not serve me Peanuts onboard the aircraft because there was

a passenger on board with a nut allergy... This happened on both outbound / inbound flights..

Immagine the same situation on a Bus with much less space...

But who cares... who even thinks about it... ??

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> On my last holiday to Turkey.. Thomsons would not

> serve me Peanuts onboard the aircraft because

> there was

> a passenger on board with a nut allergy... This

> happened on both outbound / inbound flights..

>

> Immagine the same situation on a Bus with much

> less space...

>

> But who cares... who even thinks about it... ??

>

> DulwichFox

I sort of get what you're saying, but peanut allergies (like most others) tend to require physical contact. Some people can be hyper sensitive (I have a friend who literally cannot be in the same room as a kiwi fruit), but most are able to withstand being near it. For example, one woman at my job will go into anaphylactic shock if she eats pineapple but is perfectly fine to serve the juice.

I think it likely anyone that sensitive would be fairly alert to what is being eaten around them. Let's be be honest, the number of such people isn't sufficient to force a legal change for the public, but I would hope that someone eating peanuts (or another allergen) on a bus would stop if asked to do so by a sufferer.

I have the deadly nut allergy to Brazil and Walnuts, but not others

On a plane I'm all for the ban, as I've no chance of being able to get hospital treatment

But on a bus or in public, I just move or get off the thing

And I've been resuscitated in the past, which in itself is quite the trip

Avoidance is key not a law change

The lease is up for sale (as it has been for some considerable time) - if it is sold the cafe will close - the new owners of the lease will choose what to put in its place - if the lease isn't sold (hasn't been so far) I imagine it will continue trading, until (I would speculate, no knowledge) the existing lease runs out. Assuming nothing else happens with the owners.

I don't believe such a closure is necessarily imminent, the thread was only started when someone noticed the lease was on offer.

Penguin68, do you know for sure that it will close and it isn't being sold as a going concern?

I have no knowledge of the owner's plans for this cafe, however it would be odd to be intending to sell something as a going concern and to be separately selling the lease (remainder of) which is all I know is up on offer. Most of the 'charm' of this cafe sits with the eclectic collection of antiques (the residue of a former enterprise) - especially the chandeliers. I suspect that these set dressings would not be sold cheaply, if they were to be sold at all. This thread would additionally suggest that 'goodwill' might be a difficult asset to judge effectively. Were an offer to be made for the business as a going concern I would be surprised if it were not to be considered seriously, but its valuation may be a moot point. It is not clear to me that the business model necessarily holds water (and the way it is implemented at times causes problems) so whether it is actually 'a going concern' which would attract bids is moot. But I don't (as I have said) believe its closure is imminent, unless and until an offer for the outstanding lease is made and accepted.

Leases are often sold with the business as a going concern, so I don't think it's a given that the restaurant/caf? will close. I know the place has a bad rap here but I do think sometimes the forum users overestimate their influence.

Personally, I used to really like the place but then their menu changed and didn't do anything for me. Subsequently, the reports of the manager's behaviour influenced me and I haven't been back but I doubt the majority of their customers are aware of any of this stuff.

Leases are often sold with the business as a going concern, so I don't think it's a given that the restaurant/caf? will close.

Necessarily, which makes me think that as the only offer for sale anyone has come across is the bare lease (and not the business itself) it is the lease which is up for sale - without (necessarily) a business attached. Of course someone might wish to buy the lease and continue the site as a cafe - but were it to be continued as 'Le Chandelier' the fixtures and fittings would also need to be sold - and I have seen no advertisement for these. As I said, someone might choose to make an offer for the business as a 'going concern' - but this is not what is being put up for sale (as far as I know).

HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!

Help-Ma-Boab Wrote:

> Do Topics contain nuts?

>

> Administrator Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > This thread is heading towards the Lounge if it

> > doesn't get back on topic