Flood Lights -St Johns & St Clemments

soniala

• 2 months later...

Last night I went upstairs to looks at the night views for the first time from our near-completed loft conversion which will shortly be our bedroom, imagining stars, wavering trees,twinkling street lights.

The horror!

It was like Colditz. We are two streets away from St Johns, but the playground security light clears the houses on amott road and floods straight into our new room.

What it is doing to the houses immediately oppostite must be even worse.

It is not appropriate lighting for a residential area- its more fitting for an out of town factory or airport.

Anyone else getting this light pollution?

We have floodlights at the East Dulwich Community Centre. Because we are in a residential area, were compelled to have low levls of lighting and also on a timer switch so they only come on around dusk and switch off about 9 - 10 pm

I would suggest that the schools lights are not on a timer. As far as I know, the school is not used in the evenings for activities so why have they got floodlights?

Community Centre has a youth club twice a week, some community games input, and a after school club until 6 pm

yes last night they were not on. But half midnight the night before they were - could they have been triggered by a fox? thanks for advice everyone, I will ring school too.

Oh and I think the floodlights are a security thing to deter thieves/vandals- its a three way light suspended over the playground.