Calais collection for refugee children - books & more items wanted

esme

A few local teachers (from DUCKS) are going to Calais to donate some items and help cook meals for the refugees there.

Our school (St Anthony's Catholic Primary) is helping with the collection so if anyone has any:

Colouring books

Pens and pencils

Books like Where's Wally for older children (bearing in mind the number of languages will mean English not always ideal)

Readymade up formula

NEW baby bottles

please get in touch and I will advise details of people where you can drop off/deliver.

THANK YOU LOVELY LOCALS!

You are obviously well-intentioned but unbelievably naive and gullible. You must have swallowed all the spin that the media have put in to this.

95% of those at the Calais camp are young males. The balance are mostly older males. There are very very few women and children there. These males are intent on getting work in the UK whilst getting refugee support here. They will then bring in their extended family.

They are ECONOMIC MIGRANTS who PAID people smugglers to get them to Calais. Repeat - ECONOMIC MIGRANTS who could have applied for asylum in other countries en-route.

On top of this, our gutless politicians in Lib/Lab/Tory groups are doing nothing about making it more difficult to exclude them.

At present around 400,000 immigrants make it into the UK each year and NONE are deported. It is a farce. Enough is enough.

The more you help them the more will come.

Get real and wisen up,please.

apenn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Folks this is an Items Wanted thread - not posted

> in a discussion section.

OK, lets say someone posts a wanted ad. here for supplies/donations to support and sustain ISIS, do you think this should go without comment?

These ECONOMIC MIGRANTS want to exploit our benevolent system that I and many others have worked to create and sustain.

Some of them, by virtue of their religion want to conquer us or destroy us. We are infidels as far as they are concerned.

And you think some of us should not comment.

Get real.

Saffron Wrote:

> Our benevolent system? Snort. Now that's naive

> and gullible!

>

Well Saffron, as you have turned your nose up at it, you may like to consider emigrating to somewhere better. When you find it please let us all know.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t643/savedelhi/bb02a_zpsj1qvb5k8.jpg

You are seriously comparing ISIS with a refugee camp full of people in need? Yes of course there are some economic migrants within the masses but that's to be expected surely? Gullible? No. Just have a heart but thanks for your comment. There are a few thousand people in the Calais camp, I cannot imagine letting them legitimately apply for asylum would "open the floodgates", rather more people in the UK are footing the bill in charitable donations rather than the government stepping up and acting in a humane way, as Angela Merkel did last year. Brave, strong decisions are what is needed, not more Tory heartlessness where vulnerable people are concerned.

Imagine if you had relatives in that camp, would your view remain the same? I'm afraid we are all so spoilt in this country the majority are clueless as to how to empathise on a basic level with dire poverty.

Saffron Wrote:

> Our benevolent system? Snort. Now that's naive

> and gullible!

>

> I hope it goes well in Calais, esme. xx

Thanks Saffron and APenn!

esme, I've got some warm layers for women and kids but need to get them washed and dried - when are you going / whats the deadline?

also sleeping bags - baby type ones with arms - would that be useful or not really?

what about cold water sterilising stuff, is that useful?

the above posters have made their opinions clear on discussion threads. i dont agree with them. i am pleased you are going, well done, those people need help.

Green Goose Wrote:

> Saffron Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Our benevolent system? Snort. Now that's

> naive

> > and gullible!

> >

> Well Saffron, as you have turned your nose up at

> it, you may like to consider emigrating to

> somewhere better. When you find it please let us

> all know.

>

> http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t643/savedelhi

> /bb02a_zpsj1qvb5k8.jpg

I have a job interview in Grenada on Monday.

However, I don't turn my nose up (your words, not mine) at the UK government simply because I believe it is not benevolent.

Archived