Barter

Does anyone know if any sort of barter system is at work in the ED area? I read about this a few years ago and there have been some successful groups set up whereby people in the community offer their skills/services in exchange for others. I seem to remember that they created a type of 'currency' so that it didn't always involve direct swaps but people could exchange their crowns (or whatever) for something that had value to them. I have done a little bit of this with friends/colleagues and think it's a lovely way to work. What do people think?

I think there's a Letts scheme in Peckham ... but nothing in East Dulwich.

Its a great idea but I'm not sure it would go down too well here.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the impression I get is that folks in these parts like to hear the rattle of cash in their purses and probably wouldn't go for a non-commercial exchange.

I hope I'm wrong - and there certainly seems to be lots of people with lots of skills.

Why not set one up?

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If anyone has any blind friends or relatives I

> could help...... Oh, and I will play guitar and

> sing at parties ;-)

>

> In return I'd like a 3 bed semi please.

What a shame, I am looking for a guitar player/ childrens entertainer for this saturday, but can only offer a 2 bed flat( GCH not tested, needs some updating )

oh well, next time

My skills - aerobics instructor (bit fat now - but still know my stuff!), can ride a bike and walk the dog at the same time, immigration & asylum advice, handy with a pick axe and garden fork, I can type about 15 words a minute, not much else that I can think of, but I'd like someone to help me fix my daughter's bike please cos can't get a cheap enuf replacement.