GRIMES ticket for tonight - STILL AVAILABLE! Brixton Tonight Sold Out!

Rudolph

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• Nope, this is not America - the picture you posted is and their use of cars, and retail space as a result, is massively different. But your fixation on car park space, whilst ignoring the fact that the cinema and bowling alley were entertainment hubs for many, really shows how utterly blinkered you have become (but this is not at all surprising and was to be expected and I love how I mentioned the closure of the cinema and bowling alley and you went straight to "good, there's a car park").   Only time will tell if the developers hit the 35% of affordable homes - I think there is more than enough historical evidence to suggest that being seduced by claims made by developers is a fool's game and that the actual number may be far fewer. And when the developers start saying "could" in their documentation you can probably bet that "things change" may be trotted out as development work starts - especially given the involvement of some of the companies that were involved in Elephant and Castle Masterplan where "a lot changed" between plans and completion. The Illustrative Masterplan could deliver around 3,000 new homes, helping to meet Southwark’s housing needs.  
    • In Goose Green park this afternoon. Let us know if you've paused it and would like to pick it up or if you want us to chop it up (after confirming the name). Cheers
    • I have just realised that I never responded to this thread, but wanted to thank you all for your words of advice. We have engaged over a period of many years with both the council and the police, but neither of them are taking responsibility for this issue, hence why we are wanting to escalate. Anyways, there's a few additional pieces of info above that we hadn't considered, so thank you!
    • Niko has attended my recently-moved-into rental property on three separate occasions, each time for a very different issue, and on each occasion he has done an excellent job in identifying the "root cause" and then identifying the most sensible and cost-effective solution.  I have experienced a broken and leaky bathroom sink drain, a blocked kitchen drain, and a failure of the hot water system. These are all things that go wrong from time to time in any house, but I've had a run of what would have been bad luck over the past 6 months. Niko's prompt, effective and personal service has kept the hassle from this at an absolute minimum. 1) He carefully remedied the faulty bathroom sink drain by identifying and replacing the small component that needed replacing, with a functionally superior alternative, and without causing any damage, even though the original installation (not done by Niko!) was done in a fragile way that could easily have gone totally pear-shaped if someone less meticulous and knowledgeable than Niko had done the work.  2) He quickly and correctly identified that the hot water failure was due to a burnt-out motor for the diverter valve, which was then promptly replaced by the original installer at the request of my landlord, since it was that original installer's responsibility to fix that one. 3) He identified that the root cause of the blocked kitchen drain was a downstream blockage quite far away from the actual kitchen sink, and he then found a way to access and clear out the blocked drainpipes in the crawlspace beneath the house in such an effective way such that the kitchen sink now now drains better than it ever has.   In every instance, Niko was able to identify the underlying problem on the first attempt,  and I would be happy to call him again in a heartbeat for any future problems. It's worth noting that he's taking a one well-earned week off sometime in early October, so for any issues, contact him now or, if it can wait, schedule a visit for after he gets back. 07818607583  
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In