child snatch attempt: UPDATE suspect taken into custody

• 8 months later...

Keef Wrote: (July 2nd 2007)

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not surprised he put up a fight, the sick git would have known that he was f**ked as soon as he saw the police, and was probably thinking about all the beatings he will hopefully receive in jail when it gets out that he's a dirty nonce!

I really must have been having a bit of a Daily Mail day when I wrote that, and definitely didn't know the guy's age.

I really hope that when he is sentenced, he receives some help, rather than just being banged up for years, and at the mercy of prison justice.

I heard a thing on Radio 4 a while back where a self confessed paedophile told how he was happily married and had a daughter, then one day they were baby sitting for someone, and when he saw the other child naked, he found himself feeling titilated. Just imagine how horrified and scared you'd feel if you experienced those urges!

The guy in question was confronted by his wife after their daughter had told her that her dad had touched her. He came clean, and sought help, and they were trying to rebuild their relationship, but he said he didn't feel safe being with his daughter alone.

After hearing this, I really did think about what that must be like. I mean sure, there are some nasty sick people out there, and some are just plain evil, but I guess we can't exactly help certain urges, and where the hell would you go to seek help if you started having urges like that? It's not the sort of thing you sit down and discuss with your GP!

Anyway, sorry, not really ED related, but thought I'd just add it.

• 1 month later...

TillieTrotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wow, he felt unsettled because he's partner was

> pregnant so decided to snatch a kid!

> Unbelievable defence. Really @#$%& unbelievable

well quite. Who's the 'lucky' girl I wonder :(