Working definition of "incomer" (to East Dulwich)

poor incomers are still incomers CWALD. I too am not a wealthy incomer but I think it makes no difference. I'm an incomer to London as well - moved here from Scotland over 20 years ago.

I think our offspring will be ok as according to previous posts the requirement for being a local is living here while having secondary education.

I'm an incomer - but wish I wasn't.

We had to pay a small fortune to buy here 18 months ago although I understand that "locals" were able to buy a 3 bed house for under ?2.70 in days gone by.

If I were sitting on a house with that much equity in it I'd be laughing at incomers, not getting angry with them.

Dulwich_ Park_ Fairy said:

"The only incomers welcome in East Dulwich are low-incomers who went to secondary school here."

but they're not incomers if they went to school here, I'm confused. Are we talking in-comers (people who have come in from toutside East Dulwich) or incomers (people who have an income)?

Well I?m not just a mere ?incomer? but a heinous foreign invader from South Africa who has been marauding across this green and pleasant land for the last 5 years, cricket bat in one hand and bottle of brandy in the other. Taking your jobs, ravishing your woman & committing such unspeakable acts as keeping my bottled ale in the fridge and assuming the best in those I meet.

Anyway I decided I liked ED a few years ago and therefore did not knock it down and set fire to it.

Mrs Brendan comes from a place called Up North and says she will do some very unpleasant sounding things to me involving whippets and canals if I try any more of the ravishing bit.

Louisa, no I don't remember Ton, but will ask my dad, as he's been in the CPT forever!!!!

Brendan, They actually had all the seats in the Lounge bar reupholstered recently, so it's safe to go back! :)-D