The Gardens

Dominic and his sister are the beneficiaries of the trust (I think). I understand two properties in The Gardens were named after them by their grandmother (one is called Dominic House or Dominic Court). They are slowly but surely renovating the houses owned by the Trust in the square. All but a handful of the houses are divided into flats and owned by Tilt Estates (the Trust). The Gardens are very quiet and pretty. Residents of the houses/flats have keys to the garden square. There are sometimes barbeques and parties during good weather in the square, but there are many trees/bushes with thick foliage which keeps the noise down to a minimum (or at least it does on the side I live on). The best kept local secret is the superb park in Peckham Rye - it is like stepping out of London. It feels safe and is very well kept and very pretty. Well worth a visit.

FJG, the park is the continuation of the same land as the football fields you refer to, just further up. There's a path that cuts accross from Peckham Rye (the road) to the other side, there is a car park and a children's play area. Beyond that, fenced off is the park. Was done up recently and is now really lovely. Take a look.

citizen

In defence of TILT -there's onlty one thing worse than a landlord who always has the builders in (its called maintenance)and mows the lawn/ trims the hedges.....

The only thing that this part of E Dulwich needs is better communication (I mean it would be nice to be closer to the trains)One day maybe...

btw we forgot the tesco express or was that on purpose.

Most of the houses in ED were built between 1875 and 1885 although there are Georgian exceptions near LL. I think the first census reports of residents in the Gardens were 1881, so that would put you at the ealy end of that phase. 1870-1880 would be a pretty good decade to choose.