Le Chandelier

Apologies if I've missed a thread but has anyone more info. on Le Chandelier set to open in a couple of weeks? It's next to Cafe Noodle and opposite Mrs. Robinson - chap decorating said it was going to be an antique shop/ tearoom/restaurant (it will be licensed) ... from my limited glimpse it looks kind of rococo swanky.

I know everyone is saying this is to be a tea room but if you look at the notice outside they have applied for a late drinking lincense. Somehow don't think I'd be up for drinking alcoholic tea at midnight. Anyone have any further update on this site?

ounds a bit like the original Franklins on walworth Rd. Anyone remember that? the old higgledy piggledy antique shop where you'd stumble upon the fab restaurant in the basement. Eating Sunday lunch at the table while people perused the antiques surrounding you.

When the antiques shop closed down the restaurant moved and became what is now Franklins on LL.

Think they should stick to one or two things and do them well. Small businesses tend to over-stretch themselves by doing loads of things haphazardly... the result is a confused loss-making mishmash. Personally I reckon a tea & chandelier shop is a fantastic idea (a few nice cakes on the side would be perfect). As long as they stick to this it should do very well. Good luck to them, I hope it succeeds!