Womens upright bicycle needed - loan or buy

Ginger1984

Hello,

I would like to either loan or buy an upright bicycle - i.e dutch, dawes, raleigh etc.

I had an operation on my spine in January and love to cycle but am currently unable on the type of bike I ride - I have a single speed with drop handlebars. My surgeon has said I can ride now but only on a girly upright bike so my back isn't bent over.

If anyone has one they are willing to loan me until May/June time that would be excellent - I can service and keep it in good nick and if anything happens to the bike we can agree beforehand how much I'd owe in the event of an accident.

Orrr if anyone wants to sell outright I can afford ?75 Ono.

Please get in touch. Many thanks,

Verity.

Verity - I am just about to advertise my 16" Trek Navigator, and was looking to see if there was anything similar in EDF. It's 3 years old, and would suit someone 5ft to 5ft.4" tall. The "butterfly" handlebars are quite far forward because I've never liked bending forward, and could probably be brought forward a bit more. It's in very good condition, and has served me very well around London's roads and streets. The gears and brakes work very well. The tyres would probably need to be replaced before next December (frost/icy conditions demand good treads, and we haven't had much this year). It comes with an excellent bike stand - which means that you can park and lock it without using a lamp post or bike stand. Let me know if you would like to come round to have a look before I put it on the Forum this Friday/Saturday.

Archived