Pub Crawl suggestions....

nutty

Used to have this discussion with my old flat mate all the time - what order and how many pubs to include in the pub crawl? In those days we used to argue over how to avoid the likes of the Forresters but there's so many pubs now should be a good list for a crawl.

How about:

Magdala

Franklins

Liquorice

CPT

Uplands

Palmerston

Inside 72

Bishop

EDT (I'd be tempted to stay in here but you could push on to the Grove to finish yourself off!)

How about a bit of a challenge and doing all the SE22 pubs in one crawl?

The beerintheevening website lists 15 pubs in SE22, so a half in each shouldn't be out of the question.

I would start at the Forest Hill Tavern (incidentally this is the top-rated pub in East Dulwich on Beer in the Evening :-S), then head down the road to the Herne, and then onto the Clockhouse. Cut through from here to the Uplands, and head up Crystal Palace Road to the CPT, the Castle and the Plough. 7 down, 8 to go, so work your way down LL following CrystalClear's list from the post above. 1 more to go, so finish up at the Vale if you are still standing...

:)-D

If anyone attempts this, please report back on your progress!

Huguenot, yes indeed.

*Bob* I was arbitrarily and falsely accused of powdering my nose when I was, well powdering my nose.

That was about 18 months ago now and I'm sure they'll have forgotten all about it, but I'd always thought the owner an arrogant so and so, and despite the fact that our group had often ended up there after hours and spent more than was wise on rum and coke, we never felt our custom was appreciated. So when he started ejecting some of us about 10 minutes after taking a fiver each off about 20 of us at a wedding celebration (yeah, classy I know) without a hint of a refund, it just gave us all a reason to finally turn our back on it, which coincided nicely with changes in the licensing laws anyway.

Never set foot in there since, and never will again until it changes hands. Given that we probably averaged about a grand between us a month minimum at the time, that decision has cost him better part of ?18,000. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Naughty naughty

I too understand the pain of a 'false accusation', followed by a red-faced ejection off the premises. My heart goes out to you.

I tend to start in the CPT, then forget to leave......

Ah Mockney, how well I remember that evening in The Vile.... Pretty sure none of us have gone back since, and I used to regularly get rid of ?100 a night in there (which I couldn't afford!!!)! Think everyone other than the owner is a winner, so all is good ;o)

"CrystalClear" suggested...

CPT

Magda

Franklins

Liquorice

Inside 72

Bishop

Cherry (they do an ?11 cocktail...)

EDT

I really don't like Liquorice, so would be tempted to walk past that one.

On the subject of the full on SE22 crawl, pubs like The Hearne and The Clockhouse are worth it, but The Castle and The Plough are really not worth the extra walk (would leave The Uplands out too).

Can we really call it a "PUB" crawl anymore though, I mean how many PUBS are left on Lordship Lane?

"I would start at the Forest Hill Tavern (incidentally this is the top-rated pub in East Dulwich on Beer in the Evening :-S)"

Does anyone have any comments on this place? Haven't been there in the 5 years I've been in ED and from the outside aren't tempted top try it....

Should I not be reading a book by it's cover????

Sleeve design speaks volumes. The Forest Hill Tavern is a proper old school, working class boozer, but not in a nice way... fruit machines, screens of Sky Sports, Lambert & Butler smoke, gold hoop earrings, dangerous dogs and Stella. I've been a couple of times to watch a match and found it rather intimidating and that my type weren?t welcome there