Foxtons are coming - Fact (ED housing market)

Dulwich_ Park_ Fairy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As an aside, I actually preferred renting from

> Landlords who owned several properties as they

> were generally much more professional and

> understood their obligations to the tenant. The

> ones to shy away from are those who own a single

> rental property.

I guess you're right generally, but alas Mrs Keef and I have been slightly less fortunate. Our landlords own lots of property (14 flats in my building alone), but they happily live down in Devon running their law firm, whilst employing cowboys to deal with the flats!!!

On the bright side, the flat is huge for the rent we pay, and the location is great (not in ED).

I used to be really bothered about being priced out of ED. I thought I was born in the area, my family still live there, why should I be priced out by these new people. However, having lived up the road for a year, I am more than happy to buy outside of ED... We'll get more for our small amount of money, and ED is easily accessible when we want it.

As for all the other arguments about changes in the area, I like the majority of things, and dislike some, but there you go. If shops / bars are generally popular and doing good business, good luck to them, I'll just take my business to the CPT and go about my day :)-D

Anyway, I'm going to save this post and paste it in to any similar thread in future, as I can't be bothered to write it again, and I'm sure the subject will come up.... Apologies in advance for repeating myself! ;-)