Those plague pits

Brendan Wrote: A great plan for Keefs stag!

-------------------------------------------------------

four-score naked maidens dance around and drench the housands strong crowd of gathered grievers/revelers with various alcoholic spirits squirted from those big super-soaker water pistols thingies.

The answer you seek can be found in Rum [though not the cheap stuff and NO Baccardi].

It's so hard to kill off these myths about London plague pits and get folk to distinguish them from mass graves in consecrated gound.

Unfortunately it would be illegal for dulwichmum to be buried under Goose Green roundabout.

As we are onto the subject of graves I will mention that I went on the guided tour of Nunhead cemetery last Sunday (my party of 3 adults and 2 kids were the only ones). It was really interesting and a fantastic place for a walk. The tour is the last Sunday of the month at 2.15 if anyone else is interested in partaking.

A friend said Nunhead cemetry is quite nice (looking at her photos I'd tend to agree).

Not that I feel comfortable talking about the demise of DM, but could we embalme her, in a Leniny way, and incorporate her into the starbcuks memorial thingy. That way, she wouldn't technically be burried....

I think it's the Burial Law Amendment Act 1880.

As I'm old I checked this a few years ago to find out the cheapest legal means of body disposal. I seem to remember there was a loophole in the legislation whereby a body could be legally be disposed of in a black bin-liner with the domestic refuse.

I'm not sure how this fits in with Southwark Council's recent rubbish recycling rules.

Mr Fear,

I would love to be embalmed like Lennon and incorporated into a Starbucks type memorial! I can see the concrete plynth now - a wisp of silk sticking out of it - perhaps from the skirt of my favourite lime green silk dress. On top - a bronze cast of a Starbucks disposable cup, some expensive spangley sandals and my super handbag. A small terrier type dog could pine at the foot of the plynth on a regular basis. Batdog would do that for me in exchange for a couple of cans of Winalot Prime - would he not?

DM

Mockney, Fear n' Boozin, anyone else 'nerd enough', when do we meet up to find out about Mockney's findings? I want maps (drawn with dipping-pen), lanterns and Adnams. People interested in all this sort of thing love Adnams, right? Them and cyclists.

I feel a survey coming on....