Found a light grey tabby cat in The Gardens SE22 9QF

This cat has been 'hanging out' in The Gardens (opposite Peckham Rye, behing Lordship Lane and around the corner from Barry Rd) for some time. We do not think she lives here as nobody knows her so she is most probably lost.

The descrption is:

- light grey fur

- quite long/big but not fat

- distinctive black ringed tail

- not a 'regular cat'

- young but not too young

- female

- friendly, definately indoor cat

- does not bite or scratch

PLEASE SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS.

We are extremely worried about her as she is scared of being outdoor and we cannot keep her at our flat.

We posted a few ads around our area but if nobody answers very soon we will need to call an animal shelter to take her away which we would like to avoid.

Please forward this message if you think somebody might be looking for their cat.

Thanks for your help.

dominika

Hey, sorry to hear that your in this situation. I have a few suggestions though. First and foremost, sending the cat to an animal shelter would be the wrong move to make. Sorry i know you dont have much option, but that cat would end up living a life of misery there.

Im guessing the idea of the cat staying with you for a while until you hear from someone is out of the question. If so, are there any people you know close by, who would be interested in looking after the cat, while you wait for contact from the owner. I know it sounds like a weird thing to do, but people are pretty nice around here and you would be surprised by their generosity.

Also, check around the cats neck to see if it has been chipped. Just feel all around the cats neck, presumably on the back, and if you feel something that resembles a microchip... im guessing youve already done that though =(

Finally, Where you originally found the cat, you might be better off letting her out around there. NOT ON A ROAD... but maybe in a garden near by, where she can eat grass etc etc... and adapt to the outdoors for the time being, =( Then if you do hear anything from the owner, you can let he/she know that you let the cat out around that particular area.

I know these are not ideal solutions... but i promise you, when you send that cat to an animal shelter, it will live a life locked in a cage and not taken care of.

If it is an indoor cat, then you are bound to hear something from the owner.

Put some "found missing cat" signs up along your road and roads close by.. such as barry rd,and hopefully youll get a response.

Good luck. Be patient, and to be honest my best advice would be again, to find someone close by who doesnt mind lookin after the cat until you hear news. =)

Gosh Daniel, I don't think all animal shelters are like that, i got my cat from cats protection and she wasn't kept in a cage but running free and definitley well cared for, and she now has a great life.

It's not ideal for the cat to be taken to a shelter/charity but if a cat has no home at least it will get the chance of a new one. Hopefully someone will come forward and claim this one first anyway.

Sorry to hear about your cat spadetownboy.

Thank you for your advice.

We will keep her for a bit as 'kicking her out' on the street or giving her away to an animal shelter is not an option. If nobody contacts us we will take her to the vet in a few days and see if she has a microchip. I can not feel any at the moment but she does not allow us to touch her too much.

She is a very friendly and quiet cat and sleeping now. We have printed out more ads which we will post around a wider area tonight.

Sorry to hear about your cat spadetownboy.

Thanks for your help.

dominika