Much missed places on LL

open 24 hrs dm,manys a night i crawled up there totally blotto for 20 b and h and a drunken feast of chocolate,crisps and of course lucozade for the morning. dont know if anyone else remembers the shop that used to be on the corner of st francis road by the bus-stop run by some old jamacian boy,it didnt open to about 10pm,but it was a great place for nipping for a few late night cans and if the face fitted a little bit of blow to send one to sleep.

dm, as a clean living honest citizen i too often thought about calling the plod but on the occasions when i was trying to woo some young student nurse on my way back to hambledon court from the penthouse, it was over-ruled by the obvious benefit of having an establishment on ones doorstep that sold alcohol at 2 in the morning all be it at hideously over inflated prices.

dulwichmum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I seem to remember it was open all night in the

> very early 90's. That was useful on the way home

> from a night club - in need of a chocolate bar and

> a mag at 4 am. It was fab.

Budgens is also open 24hrs DM. I'm guessing you've just moved on a little now and aren't awake that late any more. ;-)

I liked the toy shop (v useful for those last minute present crises). And the jewellers with the friendly old couple, near the DIY shop, even though the man in there managed to break my watch mwhilst changing the battery.

And the dry cleaner's with the nice Greek/ Cypriot family next to the Magdala, although they may not be missing LL as they worked so long and hard.