Stinky Farm Van

Has anyone else experienced the rather foul stench coming from a van marked Oaks Farm, Halstead Kent?

I tried to google the farm online but it doesn't seems to be active .

The van is often parked locally and the smell is so stomach churning that I cannot open my windows .

Today the crates seems to be full up with food waste . I'm just struggling to understand why a farm van is transporting waste locally ?

It could be seriously dangerous if it is butchers rotting waste. If you seriously think it is, I suggest a call double quick to environmental health dept. or to the police and get him nicked and cleaned up (if it is as you appear to suspect). Just the side of the truck looks pretty filthy to me! Fine if it's mud, but if it stinks like you say, it could well be crawling with serious nastiness.

Removal of butcher's waste is now a licensed activity - and should be (as in, is expected to be,) heavily regulated. And,for butchers, it's not cheap. This waste can no longer be recycled into any food chain (animal or people), although I think it can be processed for other industrial or agricultural uses (i.e. bone-meal).

Removal of any waste as a business requires a license. Parking something that stinky is clearly a public nuisance. Might well also be a criminal offence - depends of course on whether there is a licence and on all the other facts, but it is clearly wrong as well as anti-social. If it's a local business that's doing it, I for one would like to know so I can avoid it or even drop in to complain.

The farm mentioned on the truck (Oak Tree Farm, Halstead, Kent) is listed on t'internet as an address for a waste company:

J B Waste Management & B K Skip J B Trading (UK) ltd Oak Tree Farm Yard, London Road, Polhill, Halstead TN14 7AB 01959 534027 Household, Commercial and Industrial Waste T Stn, director of JB Trading is Mr John Buswell (I guess that's where the JB comes from?).

No idea if that is who the truck belongs to though. Might be worth contacting them - it might just be an unhappy coincidence that the truck is full of waste and they are a waste company registered at the address on the truck - I suppose they might have sold the truck to someone else who hasn't painted out their details yet.

robbin Wrote:

------------------------------------------------------->

> J B Waste Management & B K Skip J B Trading (UK)

> ltd Oak Tree Farm Yard, London Road, Polhill,

> Halstead TN14 7AB 01959 534027 Household,

> Commercial and Industrial Waste T Stn, director of

> JB Trading is Mr John Buswell (I guess that's

> where the JB comes from?).

He has four active companies at Oak Tree Farm licensed for waste operations. I've removed the link to my search result as it was session-limited. Apologies. But if you want to search yourself, enter the Waste Operations category and postcode TN14 7AB in http://epr.environment-agency.gov.uk/ePRInternet/SearchRegisters.aspx.