Donatiions wanted for Friends & Neighbours (weekly) Tuesday coffee mornings in East Dulwich

digicell407

Hi you Lovely East Dulwich Residents & Friends further afield,

A group of local volunteers are running a weekly Tuesday coffee morning at Lordship Lane Baptist Church (LLBC) for the local community. They offer a cup of tea/coffee some cakes/biscuits and a chat/some board games. As "All are welcome" they have a range of people attending of varying ages.

They run a clothes bank and plan to do various other activities such as a Knitting & crocheting club/"Film Tuesdays"/Silver Surfers etc. to engage the people attending. They desperately need the following (good quality please) items:

Kitting/crocheting needles

Knitting wool

Prams/Pushchairs

Baby carriers

Travel cots

Baby clothes

Winter clothes - babies/children/women & men

Laptops/Desktops - Do you know any companies/organisations who could donate these for their "silver surfers"?

TV with disc facilities for their "Film Tuesday" & exercise class

Copies of classic films-12 Angry Men/Casablanca etc.

Plants/herbs for their planned therapy garden/help of a local gardener

I offered to post a message for them so please pm me to let me know if you have any of the above items or if you can help in other ways e.g. could you become a monthly/quarterly/yearly "Friend" of Friends & Neighbours - could you provide their monthly teas/coffees? Or why not pay them a visit and see what they do and offer your donations directly.

I love a good imitative and I know they will welcome your help and I thank you on their behalf for this in advance.

As I can't volunteer at present with them I have become a "Monthly Friend" of "Friend & Neighbours" and will help

with their publicity. Can anyone print their flyers/do a banner?

Let's make a difference together in 2016!

Laura

Archived