Weather issues in East Dulwich - Schools, Transport...

Mark

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Barry - please tell me where on the southern

> website we can see updates on the ED - London

> Bridge routes.

Southern site seems to be down at the moment and even when working isn't giving live info. National Rail site was up a few mins ago and was giving live info

National Rail

Hi, I feel embarrassed and can only apologise! I have tried myself using my Ifone and it appears that the live departures is down. I don't like to assume but can only think that because of the revised timetable etc its causing problems. I am makings enquiries now high up the chain

Very sorry

Barry

Eddie M Wrote:

> Yes - Heber definitely having to close today.

> Parents being notified via new text service.

Blimey, how is it that Goodrich is able to be open and not Heber. And when will Heber finally get itself a simple website. It's not rocket science!

No problems getting into the City this morning - 8.05 to LB and bus from there. Apart from the odd patch of ice on the pavement you could hardly tell it had snowed in the centre. Side roads back in ED fairly icy but not too bad, and the path up to the platform at ED was more slush than ice.

Vik Wrote:

> Again, AVOID Bromar, Malfort and Grove Hill Roads,

> they are pure ice, I've seen 3 cars run into the

> same parked car this morning on Bromar.

That might be mine! Should probably check tonight...

• Administrator

From a new thread that was posted about weather conditions:

"If you are thinking of heading up or down Avondale Rise you may encounter a few problems, the ice is really bad this morning and there are a few buses stuck on the road..Please use an alternate route if you can.."

I got in fine this morning on the 08:15 to LB, buses were also running fine.

I'd definitely say - watch out for the pavements! Last night I fell over and smacked my head pretty hard on the slope down from the platform at ED, it was sheer ice and everyone was going down holding onto the wire netting but it was still like ice skating. People were really lovely and helped me up but it was pretty painful. I did see a guy shovelling it this morning but last night no-one was there and it was pretty bad. Take care!

Driving around Goodrich/Landells Road - this crossroad is a bit of a nightmare! Sheet ice with a slight gradient and absolutely no grip. I was out last night pushing people who had got stuck and were skidding into parked cars. Avoid if you can!

Peckwich Wrote:

> northbound buses through rye lane were being

> diverted to the one way system 20 mins ago.

Hi, I walked to Peckham Rye station this morning and think this divert is due to a burst water main on Rye Lane, rather than the weather conditions.

Kind Regards