Ask Admin

Mogs

admin

why was my post deleted? and what would be acceptable to repost?

I am now incurring an expense of over ?300 because of the actions of a someone who reached me through an advertisement on the forum.

I would like to share my experiences with people, to prevent the same happening to others, and invite the person concerned to offer an explanation, particularly as they are avoiding my calls, texts and pms through this site - though they are obviously well enough to post and play active sports. Would this be allowed?

I emailed you about this, hoping to find some advice but I haven't heard anything back - I know you must be busy but I would really really appreciate your response/advice/laying out of the rules. I was told by this person that you were their 'friend' and that's why previous criticisms (from a so called 'difficult client') were removed from the EDF admin. I cannot believe this but it therefore did seem odd to me that the responses to my thread were promptly deleted. Can you explain?

Thanks Otta, the one place I didn't look.

Apologies to admin for suggesting a deletion...

To be honest, I'm not sure what I think about moving the thread to the lounge. The point of the post was to try and establish contact in whatever way I could and through the forum appeared to me to be the only way of contacting. I didn't want to start a thread (yet!) about the wrongdoings or otherwise of the person involved, though I was, of course, interested to hear other people's experiences.

This will now not happen, as no one will see the post and pass the message on - so this route has failed for us.

I am upset that these things (in the lounge) are taken so lightly, as (in this venue) it is merely a topic of conversation. Added up we have a loss of ?440 - plus a work we need now to re-do, not to go into the amount of stress this has caused us. It's not a matter for chat. I don't understand why Sue's experiences have been defined merely as a matter of 'chat, subject to comment, rather than placed in the 'recommendations' thread? If I post now in recommendations, will I get moved to the Lounge?

Ellie78 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was told by this person that you were

> their 'friend' and that's why previous criticisms

> (from a so called 'difficult client') were

> removed from the EDF admin.

xxxxxx

Is this true, admin?

I thought you were well aware of the situation regarding this person.

Is it true that you have chosen to perceive me (I presume it's me who is being referred to) as a "difficult client" rather than the person in question as an unreliable, slow, rubbish, untruthful tradesperson?

This tradesperson refused my offer to abide by the outcome of mediation by an independent objective mediator. I think that says it all, don't you?

• Administrator

I don't take sides between bickering forum users. If they break the rules then I act, but please leave me out of it, don't make up stuff about me and just sort it out yourselves. Like grown ups.

I may introduce a rule, something like "the forum, especially the ED issues section, shall not be used to air personal gripes about others."

Administrator Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't take sides between bickering forum users.

> If they break the rules then I act, but please

> leave me out of it, don't make up stuff about me

> and just sort it out yourselves. Like grown ups.

>

> I may introduce a rule, something like "the forum,

> especially the ED issues section, shall not be

> used to air personal gripes about others."

xxxxxxxx

Apologies then, another untruth from the person in question, I guess.

Ellie I've pm'd you. I did message you to let you know I was ill and that I had a trip away planned too. Double check your pms? I was also offline for a couple of weeks and changing phone provider (I let you know that too) and gave you an alternate number.

Sue I've had enough of your lies. I'm considering legal action and have only not pursued legal action before because you are more trouble than it's worth. I have more than enough evidence to support any claim I make. And if that's what it takes to make you cease with your nonsense, then that's what I will have to do.

Admin....I don't think Ellie meant to start a thread that allowed for some kind of unwarranted character assassination to take place. The nature of a forum is that people sometimes form strong views about people they've never met and that can never make for a fair or balanced debate. It seems that several things conspired to mess up communication with Ellie, that's all, and I don't deserve to be publically humiliated for it.

I have made some very good friendships through the forum and am very thankful for that. If I were any of the things that Sue claims for example, there would be no end of stuff about it on the forum. But there isn't.....(apart from my particiaption in lively debates)......common sense should prevail there.

Posted by: Otta Today, 05:30PM

Sue has never used your real name as far as I'm aware. Surely that would make legal action difficult?

Not in this case Otta, I have more than one claim against her.....and a public forum is never the place to air private disputes, because it invites comment from people who were not there or have no direct access to the 'truth' beyond the often insane squabbling and exaggerations of those involved or those who are feeling aggrieved. As I say, I have plenty of evidence to refute most of the claims Sue makes. There was a tv crew involved and the production company had more than a few problems with her too.

For me it is a question of whether or not legal action is worth the hassle. And at what point does the false accusation becomes too much? Sue drives people insane....but would I ever dream of using a public forum to go into detail regarding what makes her a nightmare to work for? No I wouldn't....although anyone doing a search will see that the chances are that if you do work for her you'll be accused of being incompetent.

For me the last straw was being accused of being unreliable after taking four days off (two of which were the weekend) after working 23 days straight, without a day off and long hours too (to meet a TV deadline). I couldn't reason with her kind of nonsense then and certainly can't be bothered revisiting it now (it was over TWO years ago). She isn?t impacting on my life or my living so??.

She has trouble with most of the people who ever work in/on her home. Again common sense should tell people something there.......

I don?t get ill very often and rarely take time away from working because of it, it just happens that twice this year I have got ill (and broke my arm too). That happens. Not quite sure what happened with messages and Ellie, but to then see that featuring and ballooning into what it has, in a public forum, is just too insane for me. So I?m sticking to footy in future and keeping the rest of me and my life well away from this forum.

I find it very hard to believe it can have taken 23 days of solid work, to achieve so little! I commission major building projects as part of my job, and I would never agree to pay a builder by the hour, but only on completion of the dork, precisely for that reason.

I did tell sue that, I would have strongly advised her against such an agreement if I had known (for clarity I will say I am her sister in law)

I have looked in detail at the state of sue's house at the end of the process, and it was appalling. I don't know exactly how it came about, but in my view sue would have had a string case in the small claims court.

So there you go.

Sue feels the work was bodged and she was charged over the odds

Dkq feels sue was difficult to work for and is now being unfair

It was a shame you didn't manage to sort out mediation at the time!

All I know, is poor sue spent her savings, and still has a half finished house. I can't imagine how it cost such a huge sum, for what was quite a small job, in the scheme of things!

I have just seen this thread.

As DJKQ's posts have not been deleted from it, I want this opportunity to publicly reiterate that everything I said on the thread was true and that I have photos and documentary evidence dating back to the start of DJKQ's work on my house.

DJKQ is welcome to take me to court, where perhaps she can explain her refusal to accept my offer to abide by the decision of an objective independent mediator.

DJKQ, can I also request that you do not post untruths about me on a public forum. In particular, the TV company made it quite clear to me, at the time you threatened to take me to court, that they would back me in any case you might bring.

ETA: Admin, I am leaving this here. I will leave DJKQ to do whatever she wants. I hope she thinks very carefully before spreading more lies about me and her work.

ETA: I have posted on a number of threads about people who have done excellent work on my house - Richard Tindall, Graham (loft ladder fitter), Malcolm (shelves) just to name three recent ones.

Fuschia, you have no idea what you are talking about. There are very good reasons why the bathroom was not finished by me. Sue is not being honest about events I'm afraid. I did take extensive photographs when I cleared the site and left things tidy.

It's awful enough that without right to reply (being without internet for a couple of weeks) Sue has been able to post lie after lie. And it seems I'm not the first person she's put through a barrage of slander either. I am NOT going to argue the ins and outs of a dispute in a public forum. Admin have requested the same which is very fair. And that's my last word on it.