Ask Admin

Mogs

No. There will not be another new section just for pets. Lost pet notices clearly belong in the Wanted section:

Wanted in East Dulwich...

If you want items locally ask for them here. And lost and found items go here too, including cats.

People are just too lazy to read it properly. Then the admin team have to go around and tidy up which is a pain. Please report any message in the wrong section.

• Administrator

Hi Everyone

I have been away for a couple of weeks and am greatly indebted to those who have helped keep the forum running in my absence. I have not had a chance to read all messages but there will be a lost and found section and there will probably be an email going out to all users telling them about it, the email will also contain useful information about why it's important to post messages in the correct section eg someone wanting to find a lockup garage is not an East Dulwich issue or gossip. Moving messages to their correct section of the forum is one of the main tasks that we have to continually do and is a pain in the bum and very time consuming.

And I'll be dealing with Category A offenders e.g. banned users re-appearing, bullying with a strong hand.

Hi Admin

I just had a thread which I started "should car use be subsidised by the state" or something like that shut down on the grounds that is was starting up a new thread about car clubs.

The subject is not about car clubs (although both subjects fall under the category transport), and therefore it really doesn't seem fair to shut it down. I notice in the drawing room section there is an introductory bit which says

" I hope that all contributions will still be of the high quality we've had so far, but just to allow discourse to flow more freely and hopefully encourage more people to take part". I feel that shutting my thread is preventing discussion flowing freely and discouraging people from taking part. My thread got two quick responses.

If you really think it is justifiable to shut the thread down, please explain why. Thanks.

Just to query, as I'm not really understanding, the appearance of a period . as a username (associated with user number 21618) as in this thread.http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?9,624790 . It also produces anomalous and inconsistent results, between an author search by username . (appear relatively ok), and a left click on the link in the post associated with the username (when it returns many more posts purportedly from user . with number 21618, but many of which show clear signs of having actually been written by other named users).

Hi Admin,

Wonder if you can clear something up for me. How political are politicians allowed to be on here? Sounds a daft question, but I feel that recently some lines have been crossed and it's making me really uncomfortable about abuse of a position of perceived authority.

I know that around the election last year there was a whole debate about who could post what politically - what was the upshot? If I'm being unnecessarily prissy then I'll hush up.

Thanks.

Admin, isn't there a policy regarding changing user names? You left a comment on a thread regarding rubsley's various names. I recall asking to change my name some time ago and it wasn't allowed as easily as this appears to have been. I think it would make the forum a very messy place if everyone started doing this.