Ask Admin

Mogs

Callie, which browser are you using? I had a similar problem last year and found I could view the forum in IE and Opera, but not in Firefox for some reason. Clearing out the cache in Firefox and disabling some extensions sorted the problem out - could that be your issue maybe?

Hi thanks for your reply, I have IE8 & I don't think that is the problem. It was working fine the night before yesterday & then yesterday when I went to post a message, I found I had been blocked:( Have just pm'd admin again so hope they can sort it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hi Ruffers

The forum down was just a bit of database optimising. The dotted lines are about the extent of the excitement I'm afraid, I was just trying to emphasise the sponsored links a bit more without it being too in yer face.

Just tried adding the ignore user module but it doesn't seem to work, apologies.

• Administrator

psst, don't tell anyone but if you look at someone's post, then click on the ":" in "Posted by: username...".

As pointed out by HAL9000 there is a bug (error) that occurs when you initially click the ":", the page scrolls to the top and you think 'what happened there?'.

Enjoy

[edited once]

*looks well and truly pathetic*

erm...I clicked on the thingy...but I don't get it...a message says "show/hide" and I end up on another page...what am I doing wrong/not getting? Why am I not thinking "useful feature" or "Admin=God"?

When you click on another poster's colon (I know, I know) - ignore the page jump, it's probably a bug - however, from that point onwards that poster's posts are hidden from your view unless you override by clicking on show/hide.

The feature provides a simple way to ignore other posters? comments. I'm not sure whether you'll understand this explanation, but it doesn't really matter; I can't imagine you wanting to ignore anyone else's posts.

Suffice it to say that some members are more likely to become its subject rather than its beneficiary.

Thank you HAL9000.

But surely then, it's a hindrance because users can no longer simply scan through anymore without having to stop onto this new feature and click onto it. I mean, why would someone go on a forum like this one and not wish to scan through the posts? And why would a poster "activate" this feature on one of their posts? I would have thought that the whole point of posting was for the public to view that post. It just doesn't make sense to my pea brain.

Sorry Admin. I realise you meant well and I don't wish to appear ungrateful (honest), but I don't see the point of it.:(

Oh hang on...pea brain has just gone...."ping"!

Can this feature only be activated by the poster him/herself or can any poster choose to hide/show a particular poster's posts. In other words: if say the poster "Administrator" wished, for some inexplicable;-) reason, to avoid "Ladymuck's" posts, could "Administrator" switch off all of my posts? In which case, would my posts be hidden from view to "Administrator" only or to all and sundry?

Sorry - I'm not the brightest when it comes to computer stuff.

• Administrator
Good question, I've just had a look and Google Analytics does not record the ingnoreuser link as a page, but if you can tell me how to measure it e.g. in a custom report or similar then I can set it up. I'm assuming you want the colon clicking stats.