Rugby matters

Narnia

I got 2x England v Fiji in the opening game (top price of ?315 per ticket though as I chose the option to bump up to next price level if unsuccessful) and two mid-priced tickets for QF1 (if England win their group they play in this QF). I applied for 2 tickets for all group games, both possible QFs, both SFs and the Final.

Will have to think long and hard about the Fiji game cos that is a LOT of money for an essentially meaningless (hopefully) game.

From what i've been hearing, those that applied for 2 tickets per game rather than 4 had more luck.

Does that mean tj you don't have to purchase them? It is a huge amount for that fixture. I was looking at the RWC website yesterday and there were tickets for France v Ireland @ ?250 a pop. That's a lot too though a more attractive fixture. Mind you the way Fiji can play can be very entertaining.

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does that mean tj you don't have to purchase them?

> It is a huge amount for that fixture. I was

> looking at the RWC website yesterday and there

> were tickets for France v Ireland @ ?250 a pop.

> That's a lot too though a more attractive fixture.

> Mind you the way Fiji can play can be very

> entertaining.

Mine were ?175 each - no far from cheap but wanted to go. Had no luck with final and semi - but of course these were even more expensive anyways. My next door neighbour got semi tickets but

AM - all tickets available after allocation to rugby clubs etc were through the ballot. if after the ballot there are tickets still left you can buy direct - eg the ?250 France Ireland ones it seems were not taken up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great Game! Almost too close to call.... However..

England didn't get the points on the board early which was similar to their game against the Welsh. Their drop kick showed they were aware they needed to get points on the board early. There was no way they would have an easy run to come back in the second half against the irish.

Great game. There is a massive night on the cards in Dublin for everyone. Wish I was there!

The game was won

10 games on the run for Ireland now

We'll be up for it in two weeks however - and Wales always have the crap game at the start unger WG.

if Ireland get the Grand Slam this year - they're second favs for RWC IMHO

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed, a fantastic day of rugby. I only half like the game too. Congrats to the Irish.

Went to The Castle to watch it - a wise decision in hindsight as all the other viewing options in ED are now a bit rubbish IMO.

MrBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Went to The Castle to watch it - a wise decision

> in hindsight as all the other viewing options in

> ED are now a bit rubbish IMO.

The Flying Pig is the best place to watch rugby locally I think. You can book a table near the screen, they are very accommodating. Great day in there on Saturday.