Rugby matters

Narnia

All sorted thanks. It appears to be a browser issue. The Tele asked me what browser I use, so before replying I closed my usual browser IE9, and opened up Safari, and everything was ok. The problem was that when I clicked on the prediction tabs in IE9 nothing was happening. In Safari they turn dark blue, confirming my selections...

Two good games today. I suspect England should have won as the French seemed fragile, as is their habit on occasions.Unfortunately they will probably get better. I don't think there will be a Grand Slam this year and I think Wales will lose in Dublin and Twickenham. So if we go with home wins then I think it's France or England on points difference.

However if Ireland go to Twickenham with 2 out of 2 they could win there and a win against Italy would leave them with a match for the Grand Slam in Paris. At that point the French will have surrendered, so Ireland for a Grand Slam.

*this post has been brought to you by 'Irish Logic Inc'*

Alan Medic Wrote:

------------------------------------------------------->

> However if Ireland go to Twickenham with 2 out of

> 2...

>

> *this post has been brought to you by 'Irish Logic

> Inc'*

*And the man who put the 'If' in Liffey*

Thanks Declan for the optimism.

I have backed Ireland for the triple crown at 5/1. I think they will lose to France so im hoping the others will go well.

Nothing between England, Wales and Ireland.

Wales massively overrated and still slightly confused about their Lions domination. Lets not forget that it was England that went into the last game of last year with grand slam prospects so England are a very good side.

That was an enjoyable match...every high ball into the air. Just good tactics. Most enjoyable was the Welsh centre trying to take BOD out and having to go off himself. Shoulder injury. Hitting Paddy Jackson after he scored was cheap. Phillips is a dick too but that isn't news.

I have Ireland for the Triple Crown already which will be decided next week.

But have now added France for the Grand Slam as they are 4/1 which I thought was generous? They rarely lose to Ireland and will surely beat Scotland. I think that means it down to whether they can beat Wales in Cardiff on Friday night.

One thing is a near certainty. Regardless of what happens this week-end, I think it's reasonable to assume Ireland will beat Italy at home and possibly by a good margin. So come the last week-end I expect their points difference to be better than anyone else's.They will play the last match of the Championship in Paris needing a win at most to be the champions. With their current coach, I'd expect them to come very close to it. Fact is, it wouldn't surprise me if they were going for a GS.

The liklihood is though, that come the last week-end there may be 3 or even 4 possible winners. As Ireland and France play last, they have an advantage.

I don't think either of you will win your bets on France and England.

It's worth mentioning that Dulwich College are through to the Semi-Final of the Nat West Cup (formerly the Daily Mail Cup).

After winning it for the past two years, to get this far in the tournament with a completely new group of players is pretty incredible.

For those that don't know, the Nat West Cup is the national school's cup- meaning DC are acknowledged as the best Rugby school in the country.