Rugby matters

Narnia

• 2 weeks later...

Murrayfield weather: I'm hoping its blawin a hooly and the rains comin doon like a cow pishing on a flat stone!

ETA: C'mmmmoan Scotland.

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nah - both teams will go all out attack and both

> defences are shaky. I'm seeing a try-fest.

>

> Did someone say it's raining at Murryfield?

> Err....

eng 44 - 10 ita (sole azzuri try scored in the dying minutes)

fra 17 - 19 ire (ire to build up decent lead with les bleu fight back starting 60 mins in when michalek is hauled off and replaced by trinh duc)

sco 14 - 14 wal (rain is a great leveller at M'field and the two sets of forward lolloping around in the mud will result in a stalemate)

According to the forecast it will be dry at KO time. This fixture is often a classic so I hope to see plenty of ball in hand and loads of tries (and a close game). If Scotland were to win it's amazing to think they could win the championship on points difference. I just hope the Italians give England a game so there is something to play for next week and not a case of England's points difference being so better than Wales/Scotland that it's a foregone conclusion.

Amazing.....as Halfpenny was about to take his first kick did you see what was on the advertising hoarding on the touchline? 'Gingerbeer'. Should there be bonus points for that?

As for that game, it may as well have been played in wet conditions. Penalty after penalty.