Launderette on Whateley Road/Underhill Road

Has anyone else been caught out by the closure of this launderette? It is the one in the row of shops including the chippie, hairdresser and kebab shop. I left a bag of laundry in for a service wash as usual, wasn't able to get back for it for a bit over a week or so (a normal occurence) and found the place closed with a notice in the window saying thanks for your custom, we have retired. I am assuming my bag of laundry is still inside. There were a couple of notes pushed through the letter-box with phone numbers on them and requests that the note-writer be contacted to be able to reclaim his/her laundry - so it seems I am not alone. Does anyone have any further experience or knowledge about this unsatisfactory state of affairs?

The woman there is over seventy and has worked really long hours for years. Hope you get your clothes back Dom and I hope they enjoy their retirement, they absolutely deserve it.

ps where can I get my duvets washed now?

A bit odd that they still have some people's clothes. Ask inside the chippie or kebab shop or the corner shop opposite - they're all lovely friendly people and they should know how to get hold of the launderette people.

I hope they enjoy their retirement and you get your clothes back. Anyone looking for another place to take their laundry look no further than His Lordship's on the Lane opposite Moxons. I've been using them for years and the service and quality of their work is always excellent and the staff very friendly.(tu)

I meant 'comments' - not 'concepts' in above post. You may be glad to hear, however, that my underwear and I are now re-united and I even tipped the old dear the princely sum of one English pound to start her retirement on a note of devil-may-care affluence.

• 3 weeks later...