Husband help needed -what would be a great gift - after birth?

Rook

Just looking to draw on your experiences ladies..

Im wondering what would make a really good gift for the missus once the baby is out. The baby itself will be more than covered off for gifts (already is!), but after you gave birth was there anything that you wished you could have/can now say you would have loved and truly desired as a great gift? ...Im looking for something for HER, basically but Im struggling

By the way, Iam already prepared for doing all the chores etc! Im talking about a personal treat here

Cheers

My husband bought me an eternity ring for every child. I have two girls so one comprises pink diamonds and the other yellow diamonds and they match my wedding band which is nice as they can be worn together.

Hope that helps and congratulations to you.

Best,

-C

I also think a lovely peice of jewellery - however I was given a beautiful bracelet that I wanted to wear always however wasn't able to wear it until baby was a bit older cos everytime i held him to feed, the bracelet basically made indentations in his head!!! so if you are to buy jewellery i recommend necklace or ring?

I also have the most amazing amazing masseuse who will come to your home to massage and will basically massage her around breast feeding baby so if you wife likes a massage but doesn't feel that she wants to leave baby or you can't time feeding then let me know and i'll give you Celine's contact details. My husband gave me a massage with her just before and just after both our babies and she definitely worked her magic.

Good luck - you're a lovely husband

I also have an eternity ring that my husband bought after no. 1 came along (and when I was already pregnant with no. 2, I think it was a "well done on having our son, sorry you're pregnant again so soon" ring!).

The present I've most appreciated since having children (was a birthday present) was a day at the Sanctuary - she would have to wait a while until she could use it, but it's such a great treat when you've got small children as you completely switch off.

I'm not having a go but I really think you should give some thought to what you're doing here. It took two of you to start the process you're more than ever going to have to work as a couple once you're parents. If you are the shizzle during the birth and particularly afterwards, doing your share, changing nappies, getting up in the night, taking the baby out in the buggy etc then she will love and respect you more than for handing over a bauble.

And although you may plan to do all that AND give her a present psychologically surely there's a part of you saying that you got a big present so that exempts you?

And it seems a dreadfully sexist thing to do.

I repeat I'm not having a go and not being personal and I'm not trying to start an argument. I just think that one needs to think about ones motives and the best idea is to ask your partner if/what she wants.

Jamma, I think you are looking into it too deeply. I was happy to get a present, would have preferred diamonds but hey, the wii fit will come in handy when I start my operation pre pregnancy body plan.

I am sure he is intending to be hands on and I think it is lovely he is wanting to get a present. Most women I know who were pregnant wanted presents from their partners for enduring carrying a baby around for nine months and for enduring labour, their presents were taken as a token to mark the birth of the baby and as a lovely pick me up. None were offended and none took it to mean their husbands would not be hands on! ( they either are or aren't, presents or not!).

Jamma, I see your point and I agree that it is much more important to do your fair share from day one until the end of times but I don't see anything wrong in pampering someone as a sign of respect for the massive physical effort of giving birth. I personally find jewellery a bit weird as it does indeed seem to say "thank you" which is not a message I would be waiting for (along the lines of what Jamma said - the common term "push present" alone sounds rather awkward to me) but something like an at-home spa treatment could be a great way to actually give something back that's directly related to that physical effort - a contribution to his fair share (although I'd be happy with the treatment focusing on my face, feet and shoulders rather than elsewhere - no need to be that fair!).

My husband got me the very best cheeses, pate, parma ham, champagne and other things I had been denying myself during pregnancy. We had a little feast the day after our daughter was born. Was lovely!

littleEDfamily Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I like the idea of a lovely piece of jewellery,

> but, on a more practical level, what about a month

> of delicious pre-made evening meals from one of

> those companies who deliver (sorry can't remember

> any of their names)?

If someones does know any of their names please let me know! Baby 2 is on the way and I'd be more than glad to suggest this to my husband :)) It's not really a present I guess, the mum shouldn't have to cook for a good while anyway so where the meals come from isn't her problem anyway - but it could be a great way to give the dad some more time to do other things.

Sanne Panne Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> littleEDfamily Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I like the idea of a lovely piece of jewellery,

> > but, on a more practical level, what about a

> month

> > of delicious pre-made evening meals from one of

> > those companies who deliver (sorry can't

> remember

> > any of their names)?

>

> If someones does know any of their names please

> let me know! Baby 2 is on the way and I'd be more

> than glad to suggest this to my husband :)) It's

> not really a present I guess, the mum shouldn't

> have to cook for a good while anyway so where the

> meals come from isn't her problem anyway - but it

> could be a great way to give the dad some more

> time to do other things.

http://www.cookfood.net/menu/gifts/gifts-for-two-pack-a

what about a personal shopper? Hubby just treated me for our anniversary and it was the most perfect present, especially after giving birth and feeling like a dowdy mum. You can book packages at the big department stores (mine was at debenhams)but would suggest you book it for a few months to give some time to lose the baby weight.