Since becoming a mum I have noticed that...

I actually wear the same clothes two days running now. I used to change every single day but not anymore, I don't even bother to iron most of my clothes and I will still leave the house if my clothes has sick on it, I would never have done this prior to having a baby.

I was actually quite embarrassed last week as I went to the hospital for a check up and left my son for the first time ever with my sister for an hour, and I was quite aware when I was out that I must look a right state and people must have thought " Look at that tramp in her trampy clothes with her jelly belly showing through that sick stained T shirt" I made a mental note never to leave the house without my son in tow so that people are aware that I look rough BECAUSE I have a son and my belly is because of my son. Having my son gives me the excuse of being slack with my appearances.

People never gave seats up for me on the bus when I was heavily pregnant yet everyone has been giving their seats up for me when I hop on the bus with my son in his sling.

I have a mad craving for wine and chocolates and lots of it...not good if one is breastfeeding.

I can no longer diet, I last half an hour then I go and find some food to shovel in my gob.

I think high heels are highly impractical, I would never wear flats but now I live and die in my fit flops, even ordered the knee high boots fit flops.

I leave it a while before I shave my legs as my son starts moaning every time I pop in the shower so washing my hair ( which was a twice a week event is now once a fortnight and the shaving which was every other day is now once a week.)

I have an audience when I shower now. My son does really silly things like shoving his fingers down his throat or holding his breath which means I cannot leave him alone for five minutes so as a result he is in his bouncer chair in the bathroom with me whilst I shower.

I am really touchy about everything, I used to have thick skin but it does not take much these days to make me blub, from puppy dogs on the adverts to someone saying anything slightly negative to me!

I think four hours uninterrupted sleep is like Birthday, Christmas etc all in one! Bliss!

I don't buy anything for myself anymore, but I keep seeing things that my son 'needs' I mean...20 bodysuits is not to much...right? he NEEDS them!

I worry about everything now...world peace, global warning...other children...

Oh yes and my table manners is appalling! I no longer use a fork and I shovel food in my mouth at an alarming rate in order to eat it warm, I would eat the pattern off the plate if it had one!

I realised I had a problem when I went to the pub for lunch with friends for the first time, I had my son in my arm, the food arrived, my son started stirring, I shovelled in the food as fast as I could so I could feed my son and my friends were still on their third mouthful....the shame...

You are so lucky you get a seat when you have your son in a sling. I always have my daughter in a sling, usually on my back, and have only been offered a seat once which is a bit annoying as she's 14 months now, so reasonably heavy. Although sometimes it's hard to see I have a baby on my back, you can usually only see her legs kicking away from the front.

Knee high fit flops? I never knew such a thing existed - off to google now as I love my fit flops! yes, heels are long gone, but I think i'll dust off a pair to wear to the EDM evening out at the Plough!

I have also noticed that even when I'm eating without my daughter on my lap, I still manage to cover myself in food. Hmm....

They are great Lorraine http://www.fitflop.com/products/inuk/#product_040_chocolate very expensive though!

That is mean that people don't stand up for you but I found them quite rude as I was very pregnant and people would not look at me in order to pretend I was not there, therefore they would not have to give up their seat for me.

I quite like the Mukluk flipflop boots too. The knee high ones are pricey, and my feet are so massive that I'd probably look like I was wearing father Christmas boots, but might be worth trying on, I wonder if Stella B stock them?

When I was preggers, I was only ever offered a seat once on the Number 12 bus by a woman who was pregnant, I felt bad taking her seat, but I was ready to pop

I've breastfed on the loo quite a few times, luckily haven't done that for a long while now as that was particularly tricky.

I agree with everything above. The loo thing is a classic isn't it - I generally have son standing watching saying "ooooh, clever girl Mummy, would you like a sticker?" and daughter trying to drop all manner of things in the toilet, and then usually they start ripping each other to pieces. What I'd give for quiet toilet time!

Clothes regularly get worn two days in a row, however I do iron them (it's a weird obsession that only started after I had children!).

Since becoming a Mum my perspective on a lot of things has changed. I get very annoyed by people (mother in law especially) who expect me to revolve my world around them, and don't appreciate how hard it can be to juggle small children let alone having to pander to their "needs". I've also found it reveals who your true friends are.

I'm planning to dust off a pair of heels for Saturday (although haven't yet worked out what I'm going to wear with them!). I wore heels two days in a row last weekend, and it nearly killed me. To think I used to wear them every day, walk for miles in them, and never think twice about it!

My handbag is no longer my own. In fact I seem to travel with an amount of luggage rivalled only by the circus leaving town. Even when I am on my own and have an actual proper grown ups hand bag with me I still seem to find a nappy bag, a broken toy and five very old raisins in the bottom. Why is that?!

. . . I can't keep anything in my brain for more than 5 minutes. Godfish-Mum.

. . . my hearing has deteriorated due to too many children competing (shouting) for my attention.

. . . nothing is as beautiful to me or can take my breath away (whilst simultaneously driving me to fury) like my children.

I am capable of talking in baby speak all day long...I actually said 'pussycat' in conversation to my grown up friend the other day.

I hear the nursery rhymes from the monitor in my head, even when they're long finished.

I decide not to have another glass of wine because it's just not worth it.

I scrolled through conacts on my phone, wanting to text my mum and realised I was looking in 'G' for granny...

I use flash wipes and kitchen roll at a rate I never thought possible cleaning up after my wee boy. Also do the same clothes two days in a row or having wet hair at random times. I even once had to go and have coffee with a friend once straight after my son had peed all over my top - was already late, no time to change! A new low. Also was walked in on while on the loo in the disabled loos in a cafe - luckily think the view was blocked by baby's pram, which was the very reason why I was in the disabled anyway...

I also cannot believe how many of my conversations now are about poo.

Agree with the loo shower clothes stuff above, on the plus side not a lot embarrasses me these days. I do and say so many dumb things that now I have trouble caring (though when I asked a lady when she was due the other day on the bus and it turned out she wasn't pregnant I felt a bit small, though in my defence the rest of her was tiny and she said it happened all the time)

I now call my parents grandma and granddad, they are not mum and dad anymore. I also have an inability to express any emotions towards my parents, despite loving them (we didn't grow up in a family where we said that we love each other so it just seems odd saying it after all this time), but have now found out the perfect get-out clause in that I write them cards from my daughter and say "I love you" on the cards from her instead!

Belle - I think I have AT LEAST two poo conversations a day. One with my husband to tell him what kind of poos our baby did whilst he was at work (!) and one poo conversation with whoever was babysitting her that day!

Oh yes, quite, I often find myself speaking to other half on the phone while he's at work telling him bit by bit about our 'exciting' day...:

"and then he seemed a bit grizzly so I put him down but he wasn't having it, so I gave him some Calgel, and then he slept for half an hour, and then I gave him some milk, about 120ml, and then he played with the bin, and then he did a poo, a big one, looked like Weetabix, and then we went out and I saw that girl, you know, the one who had the same midwife and whose baby was due the same day as R but was 2 weeks late and she said that X blah de blah de blah..."

I'm amazed hubby answers the phone...

My husband puts our daughter to sleep two nights a week when I'm working and I also quiz him on how much milk she drank, did she do a poo, what did she eat, what book did you read to her etc. etc. He does indulge me and answer the repetitive questions every day, plus add in something like "She was very cute this evening" just to humour me, I'm sure!

Oh yes we do this too - had just such a conversation with husband yesterday when mostly it consisted of who I'd met along the street, what happened at clinic in first visit of 4 months (same as usual) and various poo incidences...my husband gets up with my baby in the morning if he can, and gives him first bottle and does first nappy - then wakes me up with what he calls 'the babe report'. I find I feel bereft if he goes to work without telling me how much baby had from his bottle and whether or how many times he pooed!

Helena Handbasket, thats so true and so beautiful- i love how my baby makes me just not really care (or not have time to care?) about how exactly i am looking that day. I feel strangely liberated when going on holiday and not being that bothered about being the shockingly whitest person there, even after two weeks in a mediterreanean climate.

helena handbasket Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I look much worse in a swimming costume

> (everything seems, um, weirdly flabby......even my

> knees !!????) but for the first time in my life I

> actually don't care at all.

>

> I have never been less self-conscious in my life.

> Feels really nice.

That's me too! I actually think I look pretty good now whereas three years ago I would have been horrified if I saw the current Sanne in the mirror