So what do we all want for Christmas?

Mellors

Never mind the nippers, what are you hoping Santa pops in your stocking? (NB: Link can be sent to other halfs, which might help)!

Me:

- a good night's sleep (priceless)

- Edward from Twilight gift wrapped (would consider forgoing good night's sleep for this)

- an enormous box of Turkish Delight from Hope and Greenwood

- instant slimming pills for New Year (see above).

In no order of preferences,

My son to take to a bottle so I can have my usual christmas boozy coffee (Bailey in place of milk) and wine and mojitios! I don't actually drink much but since I have not been able to due to pregnancy and BF, I have a mad thirst for the forbidden drink now!

Wentworth Miller, Jonathan Myers or Jensen Ackles, I am not too fussed which one, and no wrapping paper needed.

Calorie free chocolates and crisps.

My pre pregnancy body back please since I worked hard to get it nice and slim!

Heidi, you can have a drink while BFing! I drank wine occasionally (OK, nightly) as well as Guiness (good for you!) - otherwise I would have gone completely insane... especially as I ended up BFing my daughter for 13 months, there was no way I could have gone without for that long!!

My xmas wishlist:

- magic chocolate that I can eat and eat and eat and eat without putting on any weight (I'm sensing a theme amongst us!)

- another spa day, loved my day at the Sanctuary earlier this year so am hoping either Santa or the birthday fairy do the same again

- for the period 23rd Dec to 27th Dec to magically disappear so that I don't have to spend time with the dreaded MIL

- Robbie Williams, would prefer him unwrapped thanks ;-)

I'd like some thermals (see other thread about being prematurely middle-aged), a foot massage and lots of bath foam.

Snowboarder - why are stylish, warm coats with hoods impossible to find?! I have a long jacket with a hood but it covers most of my face so not that great when I'm out pram-pushing or carrying my baby!

Yes, I always get freaked out with hood up as don't realise when someone is right behind/beside me.

I would like: permanently straight hair so I don't have to either resemble a small bush or rely on siezing random opportunities when baby is napping to straighten hair - sometimes over the course of several days...

I read that there is some new brazilian blow dry available in Dulwich village for silly money which makes your hair straight for several months, so that would do.

Girls - re coats with hoods, check out this link to umbrellas you can use while pushing a buggy, scroll down to the 'shoulder holder' or the UFO umbrella....Snowboarder, I can so see you in the UFO umbrella.....tee hee.....

http://www.neatorama.com/tag/umbrella/

More seriously, I saw this one in the paper a while ago and remember thinking it would work.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-518723/The-hands-free-brolly-wont-turn-inside-bad-weather.html

....if you could deal with the strange looks.....I too hate the feeling of having a hood up blocking my vision, so this sould solve that problem.

Belle - do be careful if you go to ask for a Brazilian, that you make it clear that it is the blow dry version for the hair on your head that you want, or it could prove very painful and/or embarrassing!!

Molly

I saw the Brazilian hair straightening too in the Village at Harold George, but my hair's so long that it would cost about ?300 to straighten it and it only lasts about 3 months. Could probably get my hair blow dried twice a week for 3 months for that price (not that I would ever have the time to do that). I did invest in a Tangle Teezer (as seen on Dragon's Den!!) and it's pretty good at cutting through my super tangly snot-encrusted hair (baby's snot, not mine!)

Molly, that second umbrella link looks so ridiculous, heh heh!

a wonder woman t-shirt. Don't ask why, just a current obsession...

wentworth miller, or maybe the actor from the big blue (not jean reno, the other one..)

SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!

and I would very much like it if the blonded ends of my hair would magically change to match my natural colour as I have no inclination to spend the time or money required for upkeep, but am still vain enough not to want to look like my hair needs doing!

but mainly sleep...

following on with the theme, I would like (and I hope my hisband's reading this):

- sleep ( a couple of weeks or the equivalent of a bear's hibernation will do)

- like others, a short/sweet labour with our new daugheter - as far before Christmas as poss please!

- the body I had when I was at university straight afterwards (will settle on a month or so to avoid foldy skin issues)

- my extended family to get along with my immediate family - not an easy one with all alpha males!

- my 2 year old never to break any bones again - aagh, so horrible.

- kiddie antibiotics that doesn't taste like earwax and put my eldest off all her favourite foods

- someone to come and potty train and dissuade my eldest daugher from her dummy is one easy session

- some kind of permament waxing solution so I never have to do eyebrows, legs, bikini again

- a safe, non-orange permanent and all over tanning solution so I don't permanently have to look like i was the main attraction on britain's most haunted

- my hair to decide if it's gloriously curly or sleekly straight - one or other will do (minus frizz)

I think that'll do for starters - too much to ask? :-)

* a garanteed minimum 4 hour block of sleep every night for the next 18 years

* Mary Poppins to come and care for my daughter when I return to work in January *sob*

* permanent hair removal for my legs

* for my daughter to suddenly realise that food's great and eat everything I put in front of her so I don't have to

* instant painless weight loss (see above)

* oh and some short grey Uggs

I've been a very good girl...