Toddler glasses - where to buy?

Our 2.5yr old needs glasses for his squint and I wondered if anyone could recommend where we should get them? We have the prescription already from the hospital but I am conscious we are likely to be constantly replacing broken pairs so wondered if anyone had thoughts on the relative merits of Specsavers in Peckham and the various Opticians on Lordship Lane/Dulwich Village in terms of numbers of styles on offer/fitting glasses well for kids/turn around time for replacements etc? Any advice much appreciated!

My son was referred to St Thomas' at 20 months and needed glasses. The hospital fitted him with a pair, free of charge. They Are pretty cool looking too! All sorts of colours, flexible frames which go round his head on elastic. I don't see why you should be buying any from anywhere else. When my son's first pair got scratched after a fall they did charge for a replacement but it was minimum fee.

Good luck! If anyone has any tips on how to get a 2 year old to wear a patch then it would be much appreciated!

Thanks Scrambles. Yes we will get them free too as they have given us the voucher to use at any opticians, (and I gather the opticians replace for free too when damaged) they just don't give us the actual specs. Good luck with the patch, I may be needing the same advice in a few months time!!

The opticians in Dulwich Village is great with kids glasses (and more generally with kids eye tests too). I'd recommend them for older children, but no direct experience with toddlers. From my own personal glasses-wearing experience of over 25 years, the specsavers/vison express type places are not good with fitting glasses well, nor do they tend to stock as good quality frames as independent opticians.