sainsburys parking chaos dulwich football

boomshake

had the misfortune to go to sainsburys at 5.30pm this saurday, the car park was like whacky races..

the problem.. people hogging the car park to go see dulwhich hamlet, and all leaving at the same time

have some consideration and walk to the match.. you should be fairly local,,

and sainsburys.. think about stopping this ,, please

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as flippant with my "proof" remark, unfortunately DHFC cannot control where people choose to park, however I will flag it up-the time you have mentioned, 530pm, game finished at 450 however at about 520 fire alarms went off in club house and we had evacuate the building, good chance-as it was throwing it down-peeps said "Hometime" hence the mass exodus at that time.

I was in JS at 10 to 6 and, yes, quiet.

Well boomshake. If you drive to Sainsbury's on a match day and park, then you are part of the problem..

Sainsbury's discourage parking by DHFC fans and I am sure that there are signs to warn people.

However there will be a few that ignore the warnings .. but not enough to fill the massive Sainsbury's car park.

It always p***es me off that parking on Lordship Lane is so restricted with 800 ?? parking spaces up at Sainsbury's.

I sometimes wonder how much influence Sainsbury's have on those parking restrictions just down the road.

All very convenient for them and has a detrimental effect for local traders who lose out to Sainsbury's.

We should be proud of our local teams' success and give them out support.

I realise they may not be every ones first team. but they offer good value and where else can you see a game

of football for a tenner and also enjoy a few beers..

Sod Sainsbury's , they are open 7 days a week.

DulwichFox

I was in Sainsbury's at around 5o'clock, just after kicking out time at DHFC, it was like Christmas Eve in there, packed solid, lots of DH scarves and caps, Sainsbury's don't do too badly out of the club on match days, I guess they turn a blind eye for this reason.

Happened to me once - over-revved the car in annoyance after 30 minutes in a queue and it made a hideous smell and almost broke the cat - but once out wasn't to bothered. No point in holding on to the annoyance of a queue :)

But Why does the pedestrian crossing go red as I exit.

mikeb Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think it's almost fair to say that without

> Dulwich Hamlet FC, there wouldn't be a Sainsbury's

> on Dog Kennel Hill.

I thought it was the other way round? Sainsbury's bought the site from Hamlet and built the current stadium.

My recollection is that Sainsbury's bought the site from King's College and, in order to sweeten the planning process and satisfy local objectors, they replaced the previous very old and run down DHFC stadium with what is there now and also provided St Francis Park.

I may be wrong.

Chief Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Straightforward solution: Sainsbury should put a

> time limit on parking 7 days a week, with ?100

> fine if limit exceeded.

There is already a 3 hr. max parking time limit as I understand it..

DulwichFox