Railway Rise Action Group- Object To The Proposed Demolition Update

Zak

• 1 month later...

GREAT NEWS!

Attached decision from planning inspectorate. All good - appeal to demolish Railway Rise cottages REJECTED. Only remaining opportunity to take this forward is High Court.

Here's the concluding paragraph:

"29. I do not however share the appellant?s view that the proposal is an efficient use of land as it would harm the character and appearance of the area and the living conditions of neighbours and provide a substandard accommodation from an under provision of outside space. There would also be a loss of local heritage. These impacts are contrary to national/local planning policy to which I give considerable weight. I therefore find that when taken as a whole, the proposal is not sustainable development for which the Framework carries a presumption in favour."

• 1 month later...

Just seen this new planning application, documents aren't available on Southwark's planning portal yet but one to keep an eye on - 16/AP/1341 | Three storey rear extension to provide additional accommodation to two dwelling houses. | 2 AND 3 RAILWAY RISE, LONDON, SE22 8EE

http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk:8190/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=_STHWR_DCAPR_9565779

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.clague.co.uk/our-projects/railway-rise/

Interesting to see the Architect's presentation of the rejected proposal for 2&3 Railway Rise. Interesting to see that the case actually submitted were rather selective in their choice of images. They left out the two images which clearly show how the block would have towered over the neighbours. Instead they included the one with the flat Railway Rise.

Also interesting to see some of the errors in the proposal, such as the mysteriously moved chimney and other alterations to number 1 seemed to have originated with the architects. Poor work. They also anticipate the "future developments in the area" - presumably the eventual demolition of #1.

No news on the next proposal. Hopefully St Aidan's have turned their attention elsewhere.

I believe so. It's one of the projects on their old website: http://www.staidansgroup.com/projects.html, together with the failed development at the former Garden Centre. They are no longer involved with the Garden Centre site and I don't know if they were still involved with Soloman's passage when it was actually built, so I'm not implying they were responsible for the subsequent problems.