laurlaur

victoria_inn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> if it is a change of scenery you are after why

> don't we organize a night here?

> anyone tried us yet?

>

> Molly

Err...yes! I would definitely go to a night hosted at the Victoria Inn...I've been wanting an excuse to go there for ages. The thing I don't like about going to nights that are 'organised' by the general public is that you feel obliged to talk to people and be sociable even if you've nothing in common - I never feel right just popping in for a pint or two and when I do I always feel a bit like we're all gatecrashing someone else's party iykwim.

Molly - if you do end up hosting a night at the Victoria Inn, how will you let us know? I Googled it hoping to find a website where I could sign up to a mailing list or something but can't find anything.

binary_star- thank you glad you have been hearing good press. are you local? our website is www.victoriainnpeckham.com. please do join our mailing list.

to be honest I hadn't really thought about hosting a night here until i saw this thread but it seems that there is a demand for it & I love throwing a party!

I know what you mean about 'organised nights' but I was thinking a few nibbles & drinks. pretty relaxed & I'm pretty sure us ladies will have plenty to talk about.

I would be happy to host an evening here but is anyone else interested?

If we get enough interest on here I will get flicking through the diary.

Molly

Oh, ok this is looking promising. I am local-ish - The Actress will actually be my local when it opens, but I cycle past the Victoria Inn every day on my way home from work and it's always busy. It's not too far out of my way tbh, well within walking distance.

I'm not opposed to organised nights as such, just those that aren't organised by the venue they're held in. Any time I've ever gone to something that has been organised by a group *at* a venue rather than *by* the venue it's always felt a bit, err...like we we're the guests who aren't really invited to the party but we brought our own booze so it's ok. I'm probably not making much sense, but being part of a gatecrashing group of gayers always makes me feel a bit awkward!

Thanks for the link - I got a server error and then a "502 bad gateway" error (whatever that is) when I tried to visit the website, but I'll check back some other time and hopefully it will be up again.

So for the record, I WOULD be interested, anyone else!?

Hi Molly

I was chuffed to bits when i saw this thread as i love The Bishop and were coming down to The Victoria this weekend to try you guys out! Definately be up for a "pink" get together at The Victoria, i could bring at least 10 of my friends from East Dulwich and Herne Hill, it would be a lovely refreshing change of scenery from having to trek in to Soho YAY!!

Strawbs, DJ Killer Queen are their still nights at The Rye once a month?

Spk soon :))

strawbs & michelle-b - glad you're both up for the evening. any ideas on when you think we should do it?

binary_star & DJKillaQueen - think that we should start a new thread. loving the pink night idea.

m&m fairy- ahh thanks really glad you would like to get involved & you are a fan of our pubs. what day are you coming over this weekend? if you need me to book you a table or anything let me know. you will have to introduce yourself when you come down.

so shall we all say plan an evening in a couple of weeks?

Molly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...