Improving East Dulwich - community grant

Applications have to be by June 29th

The fund is aimed at community groups, with grants of between ?100 and ?1000 available for individual projects.

Who can apply and what can be funded?

To be eligible to apply your group must be constituted or have a sponsor organisation that is constituted.

The Community Council Fund can provide money towards a variety of projects including:

* One off events such as fun days or a football tournament

* A series of workshops or activities involving members of the local community

* Publicity or merchandising to advertise your event

Dulwich Community Council Fund - information sheet (pdf)

Application form (pdf)

more information:

Community Council Fund on Southwark Council's website

Talking about trees, why not ask for some fruit trees to be planted in community spaces instead of the ones that just sit there doing nothing except reducing CO2. I remember scrumping fruit from trees when I was young, and most fruit now is picked way before it's ripe and is no-where near as healthy as it should be. Do you think they'd object incase of possible fruit related injuries tho?

How about green roofs for the tops of bus shelters? I had this idea yonks ago and never did anything about it. I am sure if I were Hugh Whatsisname or Alan Titchmarsh or someone it wojld have been taken up as a one-off idea at the very least, with loads of fanfare and spin. Imagine, all of London's bus shelters topped with turf or even just moss and lichen. It would be lovely. (You heard it here first.) Nero

The game for estate agents would be the SE22 topple during which you stand on a small upturned bucket and your team hand you more and more bags of things (cash) til you become overloaded and fall off your perch. One could understand this as a fable about greed or explanation of the imminent house price crash.