Holiday cottage in Brittany, modest cost, for summer 16

malumbu

I am pleased that a number of you on the forum liked the cottage over the last two years. I will check on last year's interest for those who may be first refusal for this year (but do remind me in any case). Meanwhile, please PM me for further details. Briefly:

1870 stone cottage near to Huelgoat in N Finistere. 40mins from coasts, 5 mins from town and village. Wild and less wild walks, cycling, cultural stuff, smaller theme parks, tree top adventure and plenty of other activities. A very gentle nine hole golf course.

Comfortably sleeps 6, potentially more. 1/2 an acre of land. Not a five star villa with swimming pool put a holiday home we've had for 13 years and have used countless times.

Good if you like the outdoor life, a bit of privacy and want to avoid the masses. If you want five star luxury this isn't for you. I ask for a modest fee which helps cover expenses. It will be free at May half term and for most of the summer. Minimum of a week but this can be done midweek to midweek to save on ferry costs and I am pretty flexible.

I have a great project building a large rockery so those with gardening experience particularly welcome but not essentail! Ditto for amateur archiologists and fans of Time Team! Possibly good for riding too (a neighbour has some horses).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Wow! I would definitely like to go, and like the idea of the rockery. Right up my street. I would need to sort out dates with my people.Could be easier for me if we could talk or text, don't always get time to read emails. Is it easy to get to your place by boat and rail? All the best, Kim 07931 448840

• 2 months later...

The cottage is free for from 2 July until 30 July and then the last few weeks of August - please PM me if interested. It would be a shame that it was not used for a week or two over high summer. Thanks to those that contacted me already and will be using it this and next month and in September.

?150 a week, photo and description above.

This is not a commercial let but a holiday home that we, friends, and new friends, have used for the last 13 years. After watching springwatch tonight a great opportunity to lay some traps for reptiles and invertibrates (corrigated iron that they bask/shelter under!)

Archived