Where to go for a winter sun holiday with toddler?

echo

If you don't mind travelling a little longer and have a bit more cash to spend on a flight I would urge everyone to go to Madagascar (before end of Dec though as Jan is start of rainy season).

It is so interesting, fun, so many incredible national parks, lemur spotting, safe, humpback whales in Oct- Dec, out of this world snorkelling, cheap (once you get there), great food (French), and loads to do. Children will need jabs and malaria tablets and depending on the accomodation you choose it can be a bit basic (to say the least), but what an adventure. The most touristy places are Isle Saint Marie, Fort dauphin(my fav place!)and Nosy Be, both of which have basic - 5 star hotels/guest houses. You can get flights from Paris to Nosy Be but Isle saint Marie and Fort Dauphin would be another local flight on top.

My husband and I spent 6 months there and cannot wait to go back with our baby but need to save up for the flight or sacrifice our snowboarding trip..

I've got loads of pics if anyone is interested!

Essaouira is lovely but will be cold this time of year.

We still have not booked... decisions, decisions-

It difficult to know how much we can do with our little one, without it becoming a chore! I have been looking at the toddler friendly 'adventure' holidays to Morocco- but the earliest age is 2 years.

I had not thought about Cuba- i loved to go! Thanks for all the comments, they have been really useful, especially the weather warnings.

We went to guardalavaca (11 days) and havanna (3 Days) for a fortnight in total. It was good as we didn't need antimalarials, but I don't remember about jabs. We had perfect weather in January, warm and not hot and sunny, except for the daily 5 minute shower, my then 1.5 and 4 year olds loved it.