Curtains (green) for sale - ?30

katealex

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• Went to book a film to find Surrey Quays Odeon is no more. Such a shame, I didn't realise everything was being  shut there. Used to love a bit of bowling at the Hollywood Bowl too. https://southwarknews.co.uk/area/rotherhithe/surrey-quays-odeon-cinema-confirms-august-closure-date/
    • Thanks for the link! I should have thought to add that. If you click on "artists" in the menu, there is information about the artists, but it's very difficult to relate it to the map when you can't print off the map (at least I haven't been able to, but I've only tried from my phone so far).
    • Do you mean the small charity shop on Lordship Lane just before you get to the roundabout? Near the pharmacist? Can't remember what it's called. The Mind Shop is the one on the corner after  you have crossed  the road to go to the station, and I'm pretty sure the jeweller/watch repairer wasn't there - it was actually on Lordship Lane, at the roundabout end though. Crikey, I had forgotten about the video shop. The stationers was a strange place, but they sold art stuff as well which was sometimes useful. Then some time later there was that large place - ED Deli? - next to the EDT, which had very yummy Florentines, but seemed to go into a gradual decline until it eventually closed. If it had opened a bit later it might have survived, but probably gentrification wasn't sufficiently advanced at that point. Platform 1 was for a series of pop up restaurants, wasn't it? Or at least, a restaurant with a series of pop up chefs. I don't recall it ever being a cocktail bar? And they were originally going to call it a very rude name ( which sadly I can't remember,  but I think it may have been Pussy Liquor  - I don't think they were cat owners) and there was a whole thread on here where various people pointed out that it wasn't a very appropriate name, so they changed it 🤣🤣🤣 I think someone must have thought it was hilarious because I think Meat Liquor had just opened down the road ...  For a short time there was a very good South Indian vegetarian restaurant, but hardly anybody went to it, and sadly it closed. Again, it might have survived now, it was probably a bit too early in the gentrification process.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In