Middle age

Pickle

Ryedalema - how I laughed - my Dad has a pair of mocassins that he's owned for as long as I can remember, I honestly think they must be about 30 years old... and my Mum has fought for years to replace them to no avail. She even threw them out one day only to have him rummage through the bin and rescue them! Must be an antipodean male thing!

No- my DH (English/Scot) is the same. He luuurves his moccasin slippers, when the bottoms drop off he will 'allow' me to get him another pair from M&S; only M&S, and only when he can no longer keep his previous pair on his feet. Cue a couple of months of 'wearing in' before they finally achieve the desired level of comfort (tattiness). Is it a man thing?

SW

(currently drooling at the thought of a dual control, sheepskin heated blanket - Mmmmmmmmmmm (in the style of Homer Simpson).

Pickle, think you could make serious money importing those electric blankets! Especially on days like today.

Am sitting here looking at my (less than 1 year old) M&S slippers, which have holes in the soles and thinking that hubby is right and that I really do need a new pair. Just need to get to the shops to get them, so not quite so attached to them, just can't face binning them before I have replacements!

Molly

Our new kitten saffron has taken to wandering around the house with one of annas pink fluffy slippers in her mouth, this morning I found one behind the TV with her asleep and her head resting on it!! It was sooooooo cute. I don't have any slippers i turn my work boots inside out and wear them.

I am 31 and I like nothing better than to have dinner parties, chill in front of the TV with a bottle of wine, or do lunch anywhere. I have even stopped wearing high heels and live and die in my fit flops boots and shoes! I know i am old also as I used to hate wearing my glasses because I was so vain and thought it made me look older but since having my son, it is out with the contact lenses and in with the glasses!

Pickle - your post on electric blankets brought back some memories! An absolute essential in New Zealand's central-heating deprived houses. I would run from the freezing bathroom after my shower, dive into bed and get my pjs on under the covers.

What really makes me feel old is that fact I have chill blains at the ripe old age of 33!